Pics of blue led dash - EL Falcon 

Page 12 of 12 [ 168 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Post subject: Re: Pics of blue led dash - EL Falcon
Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1997 Ford El Falcon Gli Wagon

SA, Australia

Aussierox wrote:
I just replaced the needles with white ones so that they actually light up now however I'm not sure why but the speedometer needle only lights up about 4/5 of the way down it and dims near the end but the taco light is fully illuminated and very bright.

Did anyone else find that the speedo light was dimmer than the taco?

G'day, Aussierox.

I found that the same thing happened to me after I did the blue LED dash mod and I realized afterwards that I had the speedo needle attached slightly crooked.

The trick is to push it down enough that it is parallel with the dash so that the light is even and the needle doesn't rub on the dash, but not to push it on too hard, otherwise the needle won't move and you will have one useless gauge, which is what happened with my temp gauge.

The best way to change them is with a 3 or 4 pronged kitchen fork. Just put the fork under the needle and gently pry up the old needle and push the new one on, not too hard though.

Hopefully I didn't confuse you, mate. :) I wish I could just show you, it would be heaps easier. Haha.

Ride: '97 EL Falcon GLi Wagon
Mods: 2.5" Redback catback, 6000k HID, Blue LED Trip Computer, Blue LED dash, LED Audi Style Parker Lights, Footwell Lighting, White interior door handles with fade in and out with parker lights, Fairlane rear courtesy lamp.

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL FORD V8 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Hi all thanks for all the tips here for the blue mod, I picked up some led that push out light in 3 directions and seemed to have worked well, also changed the trip computer and km computer and they came up great but wondering how or if your able to do the blue mod to the climate controller ?? not sure if its been adressed here yet sorry if it has been...

I tried but have no idea how to get to the orange paper thingy to change it to a blue paper? any ideas or is this one that you cant change.

thanks in advance for your help.

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL FORD V8 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Never mind just found a post near the end haha.. need to unsolder all those pins.. .. ok now to buy a new one as I @#$% up my original haha.

Dash is looking sick ill post some pics shortly once I get it sorted.

Sort by  
 Page 12 of 12  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12