Fordmods Logo

Replacing Turbo Oil Feed 2004 BA XR6T (Newbie) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Replacing Turbo Oil Feed 2004 BA XR6T (Newbie)
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2004 BA XR6 Turbo

New Zealand

Hi Guys,
Recently purchased a 2004 BA Falcon XR6T and I have seen that one of the common problems that occurs is these Oil Feeds, I apoligize in advance as I can see it has been asked a few times however the photos to go with the "How to do it" have been deleted,
How much of a prick is this to do yourself or is it something I should pay someone to do?
I am not really a hands on person and seem to brake or ruin things when I try to do myself,
Any help will be much appreciated,

Thanks heaps!

Aaron

Post subject: Re: Replacing Turbo Oil Feed 2004 BA XR6T (Newbie)
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Falcon BA 6 cyl

QLD, Australia

You do it from underneath the car, at least I did it that way.
I did one while doing an oil change so I removed the engine oil filter which made it a little easier to get to the fittings.
The bolts are a prick of a thing to get to,,, stuck way down there under the manifold.
But once you get them loose its plain sailing all the way.

You just need to remove the original cir-clips & Filter element from inside the original banjo bolt ( the hollow bolt) if you bought an Earls oil filter kit because you will need to use that bolt again in the new setup.
Also watch where you put the new filter, try to keep it as far away from the exhaust manifold as possible & if you mount it in front of the head watch it doesn't foul on the belt. I used a modified rubber divided alloy motorbike exhaust bracket, it doesn't transfer much engine heat to the Earls filter.
good luck

Post subject: Re: Replacing Turbo Oil Feed 2004 BA XR6T (Newbie)
Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:27 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford xr6t bf

WA, Australia

hey mate got a question once running the banjo bolt without the filter/screen is that similar to running a straight line as i broke my banjo bolt fitting today but had to move my car out of the way so i found another fitting but that means its run straight into the feed line through my filter to the turbo. would the 4 journal holes on the banjo equate to the same amount of pressure into the turbo line? bit frustrated as i dont want to damage the seals on the 3582.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]