Spencer Race Engines 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Spencer Race Engines
Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Black EB 5 Speed EL Front End

QLD, Australia

has anybody gotton a 4L from spencer race engines and if so are they any good?

Post subject: Re: Spencer Race Engines
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford ba

VIC, Australia

Hi, SRE built 5 engines for a freind in pittsworh queensland, from ls1 to windsor, he is very helpful ,engines are a good price and they go awsome.I had a turbo ef done from chris at sre and it was a very good job.Very fussy!!He knows his stuff when it comes to the right choices.It saved me doing research.
I was at the speedway over christmas time and his engine won the S.A titles .
Hope this helps. :D

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon GLI

NSW, Australia

Ive just had a 4L built by SRE with a trans and lsd built by preston automatics.. standard computer atm but chris the main guy there is on the job for me he knows his stuff these guys are great ppl doing great work im waiting for my computer while i run in the motor i havent opened it up past 4000rpm yet nor have i put my foot to the floor on it yet but very responsive and sounds great even running the standard computer ive done a fair bit of other work too but ill keep posting how it goes on here hope thats any help

95 ef gli: SRE built 4.0L stock car speedway reg motor, pacey comp headers high flow cat and 2 and a half inch catback by berkeley, 18x8 chrome wheels, lowered king springs, btr trans and lsd buy preston auto's, 3" di fillipo intake ss induction large welded rad, 255cc injectors and much more.

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:07 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

2 of the local street stock guys have had SRE engines and they both blew up within 2 meets. One 4ltr and the other an ecotech.

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Well im happy so far did they just get motors or did they do other work u cant keep a 4L cool properly with a standard radiator and not mention maintenance after a meet if u wanna kepp something going hard look after it plain and simple anyways im gonna keep postin on here how things go but SRE have done a great job for me so far and i do see this being a very high qaulity product dont knock something till u try it out and experience it for urself

95 ef gli: SRE built 4.0L stock car speedway reg motor, pacey comp headers high flow cat and 2 and a half inch catback by berkeley, 18x8 chrome wheels, lowered king springs, btr trans and lsd buy preston auto's, 3" di fillipo intake ss induction large welded rad, 255cc injectors and much more.

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Yeah both cars are top dollar race cars with no expense spared, that's why they bought the SRE crate engines and got them sent to WA, the Eco went like a scalded cat but not for very long, the 4ltr dumped it's guts everywhere after misfiring for a lap, to be honest it went alright but couldn't beat our crossflow. I have pics of the ecotech Pistons that detonated and broke to pieces, when we measured the chamber cc's they were all over the place and comp was way too high for the fuel and pressure that can be run within the rules. Not saying all engines from the shop are poor just going on my personal experience of the only 2 SRE engines I have seen so far.

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Got the chip in now but its needs reprogramming to work better with my mods goes great ill have dyno results next week im thinking before reprogramming it should be good but once i have final results should be a very fast na with around 170+rwkw had no problems with anything yet been good to deal with them whenever i need to know something they are fairly quick to get back me

Would be very unlucky to have that happen to two engines and i can see how u would make that opinion

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]