XR8 Supercharger. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: XR8 Supercharger.
Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA XR8

SA, Australia

Hi All,

I am just about to start rebuild of 5.4 DOHC out of my BA. I have a Harrop HTV2300 supercharger kit and 64lb injectors ready to go and the engine is stripped ready for some new bits. I have built engines in the past and will build this one but never one to be supercharged, which leads me to my question. What are the pros and cons of piston choice in this application?? standard compression or lower?? Does lowering compression just improve reliability or is there some AFR considerations that will allow tuning to higher HP at high RPM?? I will likely use standard crank as it seems pretty good spec but upgrade rods to forged and pistons will also be forged steel. Cams will be crow supercharger spec and standard valves as I am told the heads flow pretty good.

I am looking at purchasing parts from Modmax racing in the states (it seems we get severely ripped off in Australia for anything related to these engines) Has anyone dealt with Modmax good or bad???

As you can see this is my first post so please be nice and thanks in advance for your advice.

PS. Will run 8 psi initially and see what the dyno says.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]