Fordmods Logo

EF Track Car Wiring 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EF Track Car Wiring
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

So I have a bare EA I'm setting up for track work with bare essential wiring, but want to run EF-EL wiring.. I have got a EF engine harness and loom back up too ecu.. Also chopped out matching bcm, but the only problem I can see is getting it too work unless I bypassed the bcm too work with the EA barrel, other wise I could just find a smart lock barrel and make it relearn the barrel which i then would be probably be my only and easiest option... Unless there is a way to completely disable the bcm that I haven't found, would probably be best off trying a speedway fourm but haven't came across any focused on fords.. All opinions and others experience wanted!

Cheers

Post subject: Re: EF Track Car Wiring
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB Fairmont

NSW, Australia

J3 chip should sort that. Ti performance should be able to sort something out. Google and send Jason an email bud

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Am aware a J3 would be able to do it, but I'm trying to get around this with out having to spend too much $ as the rest of car was made from stuff I had laying around.. Was seeing my luck of anyone having completely bypassed the BCM with just modifying the wiring?...couldn't see it that hard at trying to make your own version of shift kit aus bypass box.. Have seen about bridging wires to bypass the starter circuit but will still have the issue of the BCM making the signal for fuel/ign I would say?

Mostly will just try wiring the bcm back in with the matching barrel if I can't find any way too do it.. Other wise j3 or smartlock/bcm bypass module it is.... :/

Cheers

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

It can't be done by modifying wiring. The ECU stops injector pulse if it doesn't get the correct signal from the BEM. For this you will need a J3 or smartlock bypass.

Jason

Post subject: Re: Engine Management Help
Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

So after figuring out that I wasn't going to get around smartlock and remove bcm easy I picked up a E6K for $30 with a flying lead.. But am curious if anyone has made a patch loom for any type of E Series? In terms i'm just seeing if connecting a EMS straight at the ECU plug would be easier than making a full new loom....?

From what I can think It would be possible but really only for most sensors and depending what inj and ign setup I run they both could connect too a patch loom.

Was looking too keep wasted spark so 3 IGN outputs should be easy to setup beside not having built in igniter in ford coils so may use a commo coilpack, but from what I can tell on a EF diagram the injection has all separate outputs from the ecu.. so i would only be able too setup batch fire with only 4 INJ outputs from the E6 so i would pair INJ 1-6, 2-5, 3-4 as such, pretty much the same as wasted spark? Forgive if I make no sense or seem plain retarded just getting into aftermarket ecus and my elec knowledge is little

Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]