how to program a BA or BF key & remote 

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: how to program a BA or BF key & remote
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR8, XD Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

we get lots of calls asking us how to program BA & BF keys & remotes. It is in your owners manaul but we decided to make up some instructions for those that dont have a manual.

These instructions will allow you to program a new remote and/or key to your BA or BF Falcon or SX / SY Territory

To program the remotes you will need to have all the remotes available for the car as you need to relearn them all.

To program the key you will need to have 2 keys available for the car.

we will start with remotes.
Sit in the car with the doors closed
Turn the ignition to the ACC postition and press the rear demist button 3 times, within 5 seconds.
You then press a button on the first remote to be trained , the door locks will cycle.
Then press a button on the 2nd to be trained and the door locks will cycle again.
Repeat this step for the the rest of the remotes to be trained to the car.
The first keypad trained will result in one door lock cycle, the second will result in 2 door lock cycles, and so on.
There is a limit of 8 remotes per car.
Turn the ignition to the OFF position to exit the learning mode.
Your remotes are now programmed to your car.

Now for the keys
You will need to have 2 coded keys available if you wish to train a new key.
ensure you have all keys present during recoding as any key not present will be removed from the memory.

Sit is the drivers seat with doors closed
Put the first coded key into the ignition & turn to the ACC position.
Turn this key to the OFF postition & remove the key.
Within 5 seconds put the 2nd coded key into the ignition & turn this key to the ON postition.
Turn this key back to the OFF postition and remove the key.
The door locks will then cylcle to indicate that the learning mode is active.
Within 5 seconds put the new 3rd or new key into the ignition & turn to the ON postition.
The door locks will cycle 3 times to indicate the 3rd key has been trained , ensure you wait for the locks to finish cycling before turning the key to the OFF position.
Repeat this step for any following keys , The 4th key trained will cycle the locks 4 times, and so on. you can train up to a maximum of 8 keys.

your new key should now be coded to your car.

Post subject: Re: how to program a BA or BF key & remote
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:07 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: dutton

QLD, Australia

PROBLEM....
ONE Key ,No Remote,flat battery,
Car goes into FU Mode ie IMOBILISED
Local Regional ford dealer quotes maybe $2500,
problem only paid $3200 for car, was going fine.
ANY one got any idears
jenko

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:04 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Depending on model? assuming BA or BF?

Dad is a ford mechanic... have talked about this with him before...

With the later models and only having one key the only way to train new keys is with the PDS ford laptop... it cannot be done any other and requires ford network...

as you plug this laptop into the car and it gives an out code... run to the net and upload out code and ford then give an in code... run back to the car and enter the in code and then the car enters a learning mode allowing for new keys to be programmed...

this is the only way of doing this... hence the ability to charge this amount... if you bought it second hand... really suggest chasing old owner to find the second key... otherwise make good mates with someone at ford...

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:02 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

This works with AU2/3 remotes as well. I haven't tried it with keys.

One little addition however, the car (at least my AU3) only goes into learning mode if all doors are unlocked. It doesn't do learning mode if only the driver's door is unlocked. So make sure all the doors are unlocked first.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

ahhh f**k this s**t, I have two later model ford both have only one key each. I cannot believe I will be forced to pay $$$$ for key codes..... Can someone do this in Melbourne for a reasonable (slab of beer, bottle of bourbon) price? I bought two new flip keys on ebay for a great price now to get them cut for one. Programmed to the cars is a major headache...

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6 with BF Turbo engine

NSW, Australia

some decent locksmiths can cut and program for you, same as good Auto Electrician can program as well with the right scan tool

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

HEAPS BETTER MORE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS TO PROGRAMING REMOTE. YOU ONLY NEED THE NEW REMOTE NOT TWO.

https://www.remotepro.com.au/blogs/news ... -procedure

Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon BA XT dedicated gas

VIC, Australia

Will there be a problem if my rear demister doesn't work? I can't work out if its the button or the connection to the demister.

Thanks.

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford falcon fg xt

NT, Australia

Hi i had an au falcon lost the keys had no spare bought a blank got it cut from driver door lock at a locksmiths
When i tried to start it wouldnt work so i checked all the fuses and broke the ecu diode without knowing what it was
I found that the key transponded was not programed after that. I was spewing
I sent my car to an auto electician. He made a new diode and reprogramed the single key
I asked him how he said he had an elecrical manual and there is a way to reset the computer
Cant exactly remember but it involved leaving the key in the l or ll position for 60 minutes then doing the key check a nd the computer accepts it sorry if im abit vauge it was in2008 but long story short. Blank key $90 blank from ford $49 cut to door lock $120 tow truck and auto lecky one hour said just get me a slab so i bought him 2 cos i was stocked $72 with free hat
I asked him how do i get one of those manuals he said u cant he can because he is auto electician and they check your trade cert as well. Thats for the falcon au though not sure on any other models or makes but thats my 5cents on that
Laters

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:49 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon BA XT dedicated gas

VIC, Australia

Sorted it. Works even if rear demister doesn't work. The button still works of course.

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ba ford falcon

SA, Australia

Hi guys can someone please help Me??
So my partner and I have the same car ba ford falcon. Long story short his key broke (not just the battery) and I have to remotes for my car so I decided to set one two his car all worked great but now both remotes unlock both cars :/ we live together so it's kinda a biggie.
I was wondering if there was anyway of UN programing them to start from scratch?
Also because I only set one to his car & they now both work if I buy complete new remotes will it automatically set to both cars again?

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

amy wrote:
Hi guys can someone please help Me??
So my partner and I have the same car ba ford falcon. Long story short his key broke (not just the battery) and I have to remotes for my car so I decided to set one two his car all worked great but now both remotes unlock both cars :/ we live together so it's kinda a biggie.
I was wondering if there was anyway of UN programing them to start from scratch?
Also because I only set one to his car & they now both work if I buy complete new remotes will it automatically set to both cars again?

When you do the procedure, it clears any remotes set on that car and starts again.. so if you have two remotes, do the procedure twice, once with one remote in your car, and then again in his car with the other remote.. don't use the same remote on both cars when you do it and you'll be fine.

In short, run the procedure in both cars to clear any remembered remotes and then just re-add the remotes you want to work with each car in only that car..

you can actually program the car to remember 8 different remotes...

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:02 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon BA /Teritory

SA, Australia

Hi gouys

I am in Adelaide. If someone need help with coding new key to Falcon, can contact me.

So I have Falcon BA, station wagon, factory LPG, and just one key.

About remote control is not problem at all, just follow first post of this topic, also you can program your remote top open two of your fords ( I did that , so with my remote can open wife's Teritory )

If you have two keys - it is procedure as in first topic,same writing in Gregory`s service manual.

But what if you have just one key as I or you lost your only one key: I bought OBD diagnostic tool ( launch 741) and key from Ebay ( flip key) for $23.5 . That key have all electronics for remote, battery and also transponder is in.And everything working.

So procedure with OBD tool is : erase all key, and you need two different keys ( both new, one new/one old) which locksmith guy cut $20. And then code both keys from beginning. So how I can see that is good for lost keys.

It was little bit scary when I start because I had just one key, and in procedure I have to erase it. So when I did that in middle of it kid interrupt me and my car is without any key ( so i try to put same old key, but lamp on dashboard start to blink quick, and car can not start :shock: ) . So that is how I know that all key was erased. But start procedure again and without interrupting, and is successful for both key.

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

You forgot to tell about one piece of the puzzle.... Forscan with extended licence to run PATS programming. Yes it works, just programmed 2 keys to my 1/2000 AU XR8.

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:09 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

racedirector wrote:
You forgot to tell about one piece of the puzzle.... Forscan with extended licence to run PATS programming. Yes it works, just programmed 2 keys to my 1/2000 AU XR8.

what are you using to communicate between computer & car? how long ago did you buy it & who/where did ya grab it from??

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next