Can anyone help?...- FG 2010 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Can anyone help?...- FG 2010
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:28 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford Falcon FG XT 2010

WA, Australia

Can anyone help?...
For past 2 months or so my car has been playing up, about once a week randomly while im driving all my dash lights come on, radio turns off and comes up with ABS folt, DSC folt, and Airbag folt, and i have to turn car off and back on to fix.. sometimes it does it when i turn high beams on and fixes when i turn off...

Seen auto spark today he said he cant do much, has to fault find it for a day...
thanks

Mitch's FG XT - Ex cop car

Post subject: Re: Can anyone help?...- FG 2010
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

I had a mates BF do something similar recently.. turned out the big block plug near the PCM was not contacting properly. I opened it up, soaked it in wd40 and put it back together.. the problems stopped.. If I were you, I'd start off by pulling every connector you can find and doing the same with the wd40.. nothing to lose and it's a cheap option.

a loose connection can mean the voltage drop of your headlights is enough to cause the connection to essentially fail. Voltage is basically the force pushing the current though the wiring system. Loose connections with greater resistance require more force to flow the same amount of current.

if you get a OBD2 bluetooth reader (a few dollars on ebay) and you have an android phone or tablet you can use the free version of Torque app to get your error codes.. you'll probably see some referring to CAN bus failure.. caused by low voltage or bad connectors.

cheers

Frank

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]