Fordmods Logo

Traction Issues 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Traction Issues
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:33 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ba MKii Xr6

NSW, Australia

Hi guys, I'm new on here and have an issue/question for you fellas.
I have an auto ba Xr6 mkii, and it seems asthough something like traction controll or something rather won't let me spin the wheels. The problem here is, that there is no traction control button where one would usually be. But for example, sayI'm sitting on breaks trying to spin the wheels and they begin to spin, and the wheels spin for about 2-3 seconds before ignition gets cut to the engine, and the engine will no longer accelerate until the car regains traction. And also, as the wheels spin for those couple of seconds, and orange light of a wheel pops up in the bottom right hand corner of my dash. What could this be, is it traction control, or something? And if it is, why is there a blank space where the traction control button is? Any input what be great guys!

Post subject: Re: Traction Issues
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:08 am 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Keep doing that and you will be forking out big money for new diff bushes / CV shafts and a diff. B series dont like burnouts. To heavy and IRS . I dont even bother attempting in my Turbo.
That orange light is a traction control symbol. The button is usually above your fog light switch unless your car has premium sound. Traction control is always on by default.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ba MKii Xr6

NSW, Australia

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that in mind. But there is a blank button that cannot be pressed in bellow the fog light button, and i was reading up, and all i could find was, if you don't have the button, you don't have traction control. And i don't have premium sound.

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:00 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Thats pretty much the case. Surprised its flickering though then. Dont stress too much man.
The drive train in BAs is not what you call bullet proof anyway lol.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]