Fordmods Logo

V8 Wagon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: V8 Wagon
Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

NSW, Australia

Well the story begins with a 93 Mitsubishi Pajero which had been driving my wife and I nuts since we bought it. So I had started to build a 9 seat wagon for her to get rid of the pajero and a mate was renting his cousins house which happened to have a speedway car, some spares and a welder sitting there. Now I thought the welder would be great to help build the wagon but at the time the owner wanted to only sell it for $1500 or as part of a package with the speedway car.

Anyways, 12 months later I get a call asking if I still wanted the welder but by this point I had basically built the wagon for my wife but figured I would check it out only to find out it was to be sold only as a package with the speedway car and all its spares and for less then what he told me he wanted for the welder 12 months earlier. With some research done on the race car done and the wifes permission a deal was done and my wife and I briefly owned a piece of Australian speedy history as it was quickly sold to a collector for a profit along with the spares.

Now with that deal done the decesion was made not to put the wagon I had built on the road and we bought a later model 7 seat car but I managed to do a deal with the pajero that allowed me to get a 12/1996 EL Gli v8 wagon with 4 spd auto, factory 3.23 LSD, EF XR alloys, lered, extractors and 2.5 inch exhaust

Since Getting the car its had the engine out and checked over and a camtech cam fitted along with 1/2 inch phenolic spacer, 58mm MAF and J3 with custom tune, Inside has had some fairmont/ fairlane parts added plus a couple of custom and unknown parts aswell as a stereo. Suspension and brake wise, it got slotted rotors fitted and has been lowered to super low height and the stock sway bar removed infavour of a whiteline 4 way adjustable version

In the future am looking to do a closed door respray, new exhaust, body kit that consists of venom, moffat and custom parts plus some changes to a couple of panels that will all be build and mock up on a twin car first and after all that some work on the inside

The mock up car (not a v8)

Body work

Concept sketch and 3D mock up

Post subject: Re: V8 Wagon
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

For anyone that is interested the car has been progressing as I have until the end of July to get as much done a possible.

I have thrown the kit on the car to try finalise the fitment and along with that my CAI setup with my custom pod box thats lined with heat shielding and is fed from the front bar.

The Front end had a UPC 330mm brake kit fitted and to get the offset to match I fitted an AU3 ute diff with 3.45 diff gears. So now I now have no choice but to run my BA 18 inch wheels all the time

I also picked up a 3 inch exhaust with hi flow cats off an EB XR8 for $50, now it was fine to just before the diff but I had to rework the tail pipe to get it to fit and at the end its dumped straight down as it would fit with the rear bar I am fitting. I did have to spend an extra $60 to get it to work though

So this is how the bulk of the car is looking right now

When the kit goes for paint a smooth metal fuel door and modified tailgate garnish will be getting painted at the same time. This is the current state of the garnish

I will not be fitting the vented and scooped bonnet but will be painting the original bonnet. Inside is also getting more of the GLi parts refitted and the boot is getting an upgraded amp and custom sub enclosure to suit 2 12inch subs but at this point i am unsure if the boot will be done in the time frame

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Got the parts back for the shop and all fitted up

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL Falcon

New Zealand

Awesome wagon!

EL FALCON FUTURA
BWARP.NET.NZ | BLOG | FORUM | SHOP

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Took the car to a car show and they had a dyno so figured why not

I also had some a before and after drawing done of the car. Just waiting for the finished and framed artwork to arrive now but i got sent a pic

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:54 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Car has changed alot. Got hit and ended up respraying car black with various flakes. Also got rid of the BA wheels and now have versus grip 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear. Also now prepping for boost

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Love the wagon dude,awsome job on the body work,is going to be a beast with boost hey,will be looking forward to your progress, cheers Johnny.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Been working on lowering. The only issue is the rear as the arch tapers in at the rear. The issue means I can't carry any load as both the rim and tire scrub and while I got room at front of the arch nothing seems to work at the rear

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:35 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: xr8 ute and soon xh v8 ute

WA, Australia

Wicked build with awesome progress so far have you looked into mini tubs might be worthwhile to clear the wheels?? looks good mate

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

The inner edge of the wheel has clearance but not alot, it the outside of the wheel that's the issue. If the wheel was a +40 offset it would all be good. Would also be better if fronts were +30 offset

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:08 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: xr8 ute and soon xh v8 ute

WA, Australia

Ahh okay i see hmm good luck with that one then

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Been a while but 20's are gone. To many hassles on the rear and no front end grip, so went back to ba xr8 wheels.

The car has been off the road since December while I turbo it. The setup consists of
66mm turbonetics turbo
44mm trial wastegate with screamer
Custom manifolds and crossover
3.5inch dump
3inch exhaust with hotdog
42lb injectors
Aeromotive billet fuel rails
Adjustable rising rate fuel reg
Raceworks 350l/h intank pump
E-series cobra intake (flipped)
Hdi 600x300x80 intercooler
Hks blow off valve