Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Cruise control wiring on EB-ED XR wheel
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:45 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Me personally I left either the main horn or thumb horns disconnected can't remember which I used but now, too many sleeps... My wiring was a mess when I got mine and took a while to sort out... Now it's in storage, but I can't see me going back to it from a FG wheel...

For the record, wire colours more or less apply to std wheel too should anyone be reading this in the future...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:40 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

i won't be going with any 'airbag' type/style of steering wheel ... not interested. these are what i hope to use

http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/mad2_ ... g%20Wheels

the momo with cut wiring from the thumb horns was cut for some reason & will be repaired with ones removed [in full] from the 'damaged' on [needed repair anyway]. the 'wood spoke' one will only be used on runs & along with the cruise centres i also have the 'standard' momo centre which doesn't have cruise buttons [it's errr 'somewhere' hopefully safe :mrgreen: ]. you will also see that one has the same 'extra' wire lead :roll:

along with

for everyday driving.

worst part with the momo's is finding another 'adapter' as the three shown all have differant bases. ones maybe XF [? single contact for horn?] with one i'm pretty sure is correct for the EA/EB/ED & other a 'slight' variation of the correct EA/EB/ED unit?? which i think i asked about ages ago

TimmyA wrote:
My wiring was a mess when I got mine and took a while to sort out... Now it's in storage, but I can't see me going back to it from a FG wheel...

Cheers,
Tim

yeah but you also went AU wiring looms & adapters

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:52 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:

TimmyA wrote:
My wiring was a mess when I got mine and took a while to sort out... Now it's in storage, but I can't see me going back to it from a FG wheel...

Cheers,
Tim

Nope... You didn't understand me... The AU made the FG wheel simple and more plug and play... My ED momo wheel, when I fitted it to my ED arrived from Ebay with the wiring in shambles... Took a fair while to sort it all out and clean the mess up...

Each to their own of course, but I din't think you'll find an E series wheel that is as nice to hold as the FG one... Even the BA/BF wheel isn't bad, just the airbag pad is hideous... Plus the FG wheel gives me stereo control, separate set+ and set- buttons (which admittedly you can get on an EF/EL wheel) and the bottom right hand side button which I use for odometer control...

I don't even mind the wheel on my work PX ranger... It could be fitted to one too I'd reckon as long as it's the same square shaft... I haven't driven the XLT but to see what the leather PX wheel is like, the cheap vinyl one is OK but...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:57 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

TimmyA wrote:

Cheers,
Tim

Nope... You didn't understand me... The AU made the FG wheel simple and more plug and play...

Cheers,
Tim

ahhh but i'm pretty sure i did Tim .... even working out how to get the FG to work with the AU. i did read it and you wanting controls on wheel & then liking the FG :mrgreen:

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2