07 Falcon issues...help? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: 07 Falcon issues...help?
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:20 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2007 Ford Falcon Mk II XT

QLD, Australia

Ok so 07' BF Falcon, Mk II XT. Sedan.

Aircon works fine, unless car been sitting in sun for awhile, then it takes a fair few minutes to actually cool the car down, but that isn't the issue.

A few weeks back now the air decided to do this on and off. It will be fine for a drive or so but sometimes after an hour or less or more, the air seems to become blocked off, even though I can clearly hear the fan blowing just as well as any other day. The air that does get through is still cool.

Now what seems semi related to the air flow being limited is a weird, sort of wet dog??? smell I guess that sometimes comes through the air and disappears. ..

I took the little tray mesh catcher thing out from behind the glovebox and it had a little bit of leaves in it but it was basically fixed up by washing it out with a hose.. Put it back in and thought it was fixed. But even after that, it still continually ends up being fine and then randomly and intermittently the air smells and or the air flow becomes limited severely...

Now apart from driving and changing a tyre and checking pressure and oil etc I have no experience whatsoever...

So what could be the issue?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]