Fordmods Logo

Help BFII XT Falcon starting problems and power windows fail 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Help BFII XT Falcon starting problems and power windows fail
Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2004 AWD Territory Ghia

NSW, Australia

Hi All, long time lurker and reader, now for the current problem with my mums falcon.
12 months ago had the car at the local F[**ord dealership for weeks with intermittent stalling / imobilising and random not starts 6 weeks later new BEM and BCM i believe and some dodgy 3rd party alarm wiring removed car behaves as it should, until the last 2-3 weeks and the random immobiliser lock out on starting but car generally starts after taking the key out and using the spare key, until today
whilst picking up relos after my dads funeral
car started no power no spedo - stop and restart seems ok
just driving at 60kmh loss of power hand start flahing on dash the stalls in middle of road - turn off car and started normally
this happens again
completely immobilised and power windows no longer work i call the nrma and during his check he removes the power for about 3 minutes - car now starts again but power windows innoperable .
spoke to a couple of the sparkies in coffs harbour and they say take it to the @$*** dealer. any help / tips /mechanic recommendation would be greatly appreciated not sure if this the correct forum a bit overwhelmed at the moment - owen
bfII xt falcon on gas, 6 month old battery, keys and fob are both less than 12 months old

some junk does here

Post subject: Re: Help BFII XT Falcon starting problems and power windows fail
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF II Gas Ute

ACT, Australia

Hello,

Make sure all battery leads are tight. New parts can be faulty, so keep an open mind. Unrelated things can happen at the same time, I would start with a battery load test, and check the leads. I have a Gas BF, it stopped. ETC fault, restarted OK and just before Xmas I couldnt get the Codes read. Found a loose battery lead and has been fine since. If a shop changed some electronic modules, and a " bad " battery it would have been fixed when the battery lead was re tightened.

Many places swap things and you are paying. If you swap a parts between another car and the problem goes there and yours works, it normally means the part is faulty. Some devices get intermittent faults, most have a solid failure. Loose connections can be intermittent, and when you change a module the connection is remade, so it may look like a fix. Being Coastal there is salt in the air, so more chance of connection problems.

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Regards 96ELGli

Post subject: Re: Help BFII XT Falcon starting problems and power windows fail
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:15 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2004 AWD Territory Ghia

NSW, Australia

hey thanks for that, battery is definately but ill chck the plugs to make sure they are seated

some junk does here

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]