Fordmods Logo

EEC module 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: EEC module
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el wagon

VIC, Australia

Well, I have decided to give up. I am going to trailer it into town to either an auto elec., or a gas person. I have exhausted everything that I know, have changed/swapped almost every component that I can think of.

I have come to the conclusion that it is a electrical fault that is causing a fuel fault.

I am at my wits end................................

More bloody money thrown at the effing thing................

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:32 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Deleted

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Don't give up do some voltage drop tests like I said. Pull the ecu out take the plastic cover off the top and connect the ground back up. Stand it up on the floor with pin no 1 yellow wire to your right. It is a sixty pin ecu with three rows of pins. With the key off you should have battery voltage on pin one, turn the key on there should be battery voltage on pin 1 5 37 57 they are your main battery voltage inputs to the ecm. when you crank the engine they should not drop below 10 volts. Check pin 40 and 60, when cranking there should be no more than 20mv on them. They are grounds for the ecu, if you see several volts there you will have bad grounds. Check pin 46 also it is the signal ground for all your sensor running a five volt supply, same deal no more than 20mv. There is a lot more to do but start there.

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Don't give up do some voltage drop tests like I said. Pull the ecu out take the plastic cover off the top and connect the ground back up. Stand it up on the floor with pin no 1 yellow wire to your right. It is a sixty pin ecu with three rows of pins. With the key off you should have battery voltage on pin one, turn the key on there should be battery voltage on pin 1 5 37 57 they are your main battery voltage inputs to the ecm. when you crank the engine they should not drop below 10 volts. Check pin 40 and 60, when cranking there should be no more than 20mv on them. They are grounds for the ecu, if you see several volts there you will have bad grounds. Check pin 46 also it is the signal ground for all your sensor running a five volt supply, same deal no more than 20mv. There is a lot more to do but start there.

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el wagon

VIC, Australia

O.k. Rod. I will give it a go. I'm gonna have to copy and print the instructions tho' :lol:

Stay tuned..............

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:55 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ba xr6

NSW, Australia

So did it get fixed I have an issue with eb ford no power at any wires at ecu

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2