Fordmods Logo

Ba falcon windscreen wipers 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Ba falcon windscreen wipers
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Okay guys so I went to use my windscreen wipers today and they didn't work I have checked all the fuses and they are all okay and there is no sound of the washer bottle pump or the wiper motors when I move the leaver so I'm not sure what the go is..... Does anybody have a clue as to what this could be?

Post subject: Re: Ba falcon windscreen wipers
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF II Gas Ute

ACT, Australia

Hello,

Does the Radio work ? Lift the wipers the Windscreen, and swap the fuse with another of the same colour. The ignition may be worn, the radio also runs from accessories. This will eliminate it as a cause. Wipers can stick to the glass on hot days, and a fuse may be bad without looking faulty. Different values are different colours.Swap it with the same colour and see what happens.

Regards 96ELGli

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:27 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Yeah mate radio works and do you know which fuse it is in the panel?

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon BA /Teritory

SA, Australia

Hi. I had almost same problem. Wipers work good, and suddenly stop to work. Checked all installation, and everything look OK. And what was problem: driver wiper stuck in axle. Still do not how that happened, but it was stuck ( axle in housing ). So remove all plastic cover, disconnect wires, unscrew main screws and took all mechanism out. Tools: hammer, gas torch, big pliers, battery drill and good thin oil-who using with gas tools, nail gun etc. Take care with hammer, do not use a lot, just hit on strong part of small arm of that mechanism to start to move, use together with gas torch. Need a good heat to start loose ( you know metals are bigger if heating ). When is start little moving, use pliers to continue moving and oil. Do not combine oil and torch. On the end put axle of wipers in drill and turn on, to spinning for 10-15 min, and use more oil.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]