Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Auto woes
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:32 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: Ford

QLD, Australia

Okay, so my DF LTD Auto is not happy.

The illuminated gear selection on the instrument cluster began to flicker and hop between Drive and Park a week or two ago whilst driving on the highway at 100 km/hr but the transmission behaved itself.

Within a day or two the lights on the cluster stopped working, so i decided to replace the inhibitor switch and hey presto the lights were working again and everything seemed to be okay. But when i moved the selector from Park to Reverse, Neutral, Drive, etcetera the positions didn't line up anymore.... so i adjusted the selector at the time figuring the electrical positioning in the inhibitor switch must have been slightly different and hence an adjustment to the selector itself was needed.

When i went about adjusting the selector i noticed that a rubber bush on the pivotal shaft has worn and fallen out; which wasn't noticeable from selecting gears within the car, but this meant the adjustment proved difficult because of the play in the mechanism. So i have since purchased a replacement selector mechanism from eBay that has yet to arrive in the post.

This morning i jump in the car. It starts no problem... just a little wiggle of the T-Bar and she starts, but i can't select any gears what so ever all of a sudden. Have i got a "Solenoid Problem" as well? Before this all happened the car/transmission was seemingly good as new :(

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]