Someone in Perth with basic stereo knowledge 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Someone in Perth with basic stereo knowledge
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ba ute xr6

WA, Australia

Hi guys,
Anyone in perth with stereo knowledge fancy helping me out in return for a slab or a small with of welding or something

Bought a Ba ute from a young bloke and he had put an aftermarket headunit in it and wired that straight to a set or 6x9's behind the seat, he seems to have negleted to have the memory set up or the radio , it just plays cd and aux , the factory unit works but no sound to factory speakers or the 6x9's ,

I dont care where the radio comes from i just want radio function and also the aftermarket unit to remember which song i last played , especially when your on track 100 of an mp3 cd,

Would be awesome if i could meet up with someone who could sort this for me , around perth

Thanks
Wayne

Post subject: Re: Someone in Perth with basic stereo knowledge
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2013 FG MkII

NSW, Australia

I'm not in Perth but it sounds to me like the antennae isn't connected and both the constant and accessories wires go to an accessories source.

If the both constant and accessories go to accessories power ie cigarette lighter then the head unit wont remember your presets.

Have you got keys to remove the aftermarket head unit? Take a photo of all the wires and I will try to help over the net.

Is there an extra wire connected to the positive of the battery terminal? (for the new head unit)

Post subject: Re: Someone in Perth with basic stereo knowledge
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2013 FG MkII

NSW, Australia

Without seeing it its pretty hard to know whats going on.
I'm not sure of the BA setup or what has been done to your car.

I upgraded all my car stereo stuff and it got out of hand and over budget!! haha.

Does the centre console control everything? I have an FG and wanted to keep the steering wheel controls and bluetooth etc etc so installed a signal processesor, amp, sub and front speakers. Keeps the car looking fairly stock and no worry about functionality.
That said it was a pain in the a*** to do it all. Took me days.

You might have to pull the door trims off and work out why theres no sound coming out of the factory speakers.

Its probably easier to replace the factory speakers if theyre blown than redo everything.

The biggest difference in my car was adding a sub. If I did it again I would use the rear speaker wires as a high input signal to an amp and then out to a sub.

The signal processor wasn't worth the time or money for the slight upgrade in sound. However if I had another $800 for front speakers and sub upgrade then it would be worth it

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]