Fordmods Logo

1996 v8 DL LTD Electrical system cycling on/off (mysterious) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: 1996 v8 DL LTD Electrical system cycling on/off (mysterious)
Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford, DL Fairlane, LTD

VIC, Australia

Hi I am new to this site/forum & hoping to find a possible solution to this recent issue:

I took my '96 v8 (302 Windsor) DL Fairlane LTD (recently purchased) in to the local mechanic's workshop approx 2wks ago with the aim of getting a RWC so my vehicle can be registered & at this time there was no apparent electrical issues, everything worked just fine.

Amongst the items found & required for a RWC it was not running on petrol (is fitted with duel fuel) due to clogged injectors which were also leaking fuel.
The fuel pump was also found to have seized & fuel gauge sender unit & housing knackered.
Fuel pump & sender unit removed & replaced with 2nd hand from the wreckers, fuel tank removed & cleaned + filled to 1/3 with new fuel & re-fitted, fuel lines blown thru with compressed air & new fuel filter fitted.
Set of 8 reconditioned Au 6cylinder injectors fitted, Which I am told is a common & suitable replacement for the original injectors which are no longer made.
New fuel filter also fitted.

Problem is that now it will only idle while on petrol & coughs, starves etc when given throttle & won't rev up, although it still runs fine on gas.
Also the smartlock icon on the dash flashes on & off whenever the ignition is turned on along with literally everything else which is electrical, exept for the stereo which will stay on with out cyclying on/off.
The elec windows stop & start while going up & down, The elec seats, door lights etc all stop & start in time with the on/off cycling of the dash which also emits a clicking noise from a relay in the fuse box & from inside the dash.

Any ideas as to what may have set this off or be causing & possible remedies wld be greatly appreciated & I can provide any more details or insight needed.
Although the smartlock icon is flashing I'm not convinced it is the smartlock system as the car does run (although not well on fuel).
There where no symptoms of any electrical issues prior to the work undertaken to get it running on petrol.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: 1996 v8 DL LTD Electrical system cycling on/off (mysterious)
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: NF Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Did you ever get this problem sorted?

I had the cycle thing with my windows too!

It was a fuse, "CRT LP " I think from memory that was blown.

Still dont know what CRT LP fuse is?

Post subject: Re: 1996 v8 DL LTD Electrical system cycling on/off (mysterious)
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: NF Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Surely its not CuRTusy Lamp?..

WTF?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]