Fordmods Logo

First Mods for my el Falcon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: First Mods for my el Falcon
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:00 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: falcon

NSW, Australia

Hay guys i am 17 and after saving my money i have bought my self a el falcon to brake the trend a school of buying a holdern

i was just wonder what are the first / and best mods for my car. it is a stocker and i am on a part time wage making about 150 to 200 a week

at the moment i am going after power and exhaust note

i all so have money saved up to get a 1300 exhuast system if i can get a decent one :D

well i hope you can help me out

cheers mitchell

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: FG 50th Anni G6E Turbo

VIC, Australia

Hey mate,

Welcome to fordmods. There is a sticky at the top of this forum with just about everything you need to know for modding your e-series. But for ease of reading, ill give you a few tips.

2.5" Mandrel bent catback with a set of headers/extractors should set you up nicely. Prices range, if you ebay it you could probably get sorted for around $500.

Window tint (although not your power/note option) is a good one, can make a huge difference to the look and will also help with the temp inside the car over summer.

Air intake upgrade, a few of the boys here could give you more info but there is big gains to be had from this area.

Longer term with a little more cash, get some diff gears and suspension upgrades with a good set of rims and you'll have a nice looking e series.

Post a pic up.

Cheers,

Dodd

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hay thanks for the heads up i have just been reading about it was very helpful i am off to work now i will hope to get some pics up by tonight to show you guys the beast :D

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

i just thought i will add my falcon has LPG and petrol does that affect any future mods like computer chips and stuff liek that

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

read the sticky's at the top.

A problem with gas systems is they have very restrictive intake systems. I don't think this can be helped though unless you run dual mixers or gas injection ($$$). Someone who actually runs/knows more about it can probs give you tips on using gas.

As for spending money, shop around for exhaust. Headers/cat/catback shouldn't cost more than a grand, I got my pacemaker 4480's, metallic cat and 2.5in system sorted for less than $900 although fitted it myself. Any headers should do as long as they don't have press bends.

After this get your diff gears changed, or a cam.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

sounds good as what other people have said, 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with highflow metal cat and Pacemaker 4480 extractors. You will gain 15-20rwkw from that exhaust system. Id go down to Ford and grab an XR6T snorkle for a bit more throttle response aswell, they are usualy $30-40

Good luck with it.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 02 xls ute 347

SA, Australia

the best and most afective mod i did was the 5spd conversion it costed me about $400 dollars and went a s**t loads better noticed alot more than exhaust and extractors which costed me $780
thats my 2 cents

02 series 3 AU marline ute 5speed 347 stroker

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Hey mate and welcome,
If i was you i would shop around and get extractors, hi flow cat and a 2.5" exhaust system. As said before this shouldnt cost you more then 1000, how good are you with the tools and all that, ie can u do some work yourself???
Also from memory E series cars with duel fuel cant get the Pacie 4480 extractors, you will need to get the 4499's which i have on my old ED XR6. Just as good really. From memory they are better for the auto's, susposed to give better mid range.....

Then get a air intake, this shouldnt cost much, Max $150 i would say....

After that you would prob be better off saving your cash again and getting prob diff gears.

Hope this helps, and post some pics

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

*sigh* another pre-p-plater after gratuitous amounts of power.

welcome to the site and have a look around the stickies in the 6 cyl forum. lots of good stuff in there

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

VIC, Australia

Hey relapse you are in the exact same boat as me. I was surprised to read this forum, it was basically like reading about myself. :)

Any way here is a link to what i posted a week back few people have suggested a few things it might help.

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/1700-to- ... 73121.html

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:25 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 98 EL futura

NSW, Australia

hey, i'm 17 as well, i did more looks first iv got a set of advanti volts in chrome 18" sound system and a cat back 2'1/2 mendral bent system im just looking for a set of extractors and high flow cat, do high flow cats make that much difference? then prob diff gears in a month or two. what is the best set of extractors 4 a 98 el auto? thanks lads.

Post subject: Re: First Mods for my el Falcon
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1996 ford falcon gli

SA, Australia

I know if your a p player extractors are illegal because I have a ef and was bought some and on the way home I got pulled up and defected for them

Post subject: Re: First Mods for my el Falcon
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:56 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Plumbley98 wrote:
I know if your a p player extractors are illegal because I have a ef and was bought some and on the way home I got pulled up and defected for them

The last post in this thread was 7 1/2 years ago. Don't think he should be on P Plates now (we hope :lol: ).

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]