Fordmods Logo

Will a FG m86 LSD fit in my BA UTE?? HELP! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Will a FG m86 LSD fit in my BA UTE?? HELP!
Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA xr6 ute

SA, Australia

Alright guys so I've got a 2004 BA XR6 UTE. The diff in it has bad bearings and seals so it is grinding constantly and crunching so I've decided to take the opportunity to replace it with a LSD.

I've found a factory m86 FG UTE diff which has 3.73 gears and is LSD. It came out of a FG XR8 UTE and it complete from wheel to wheel.

So my BA XR6 UTE has a 3.45 open wheel diff and im wondering will i be able to take my old 3.45 open wheel diff out completely from wheel to wheel and put in the whole 3.73 diff from wheel to wheel. Im not 100% if it will bolt in properly in the place of the open wheel diff so my question which I need so help answering is...

Will the FG LSD UTE diff bolt into my 2004 BA XR6 UTE?

Post subject: Re: Will a FG m86 LSD fit in my BA UTE?? HELP!
Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford Territory and Falcon RTV

NSW, Australia

With engineer in your username you should be able to work this out yourself :lol:

Check the flange where the driveshaft meets the diff is the same, otherwise these might need to be swapped.

Spring spacing and connections there are all the same so no issues mounting it up.

I recommend you use your existing brakes, handbrake and backing plates, as Ford do odd things between models. They have changed the mounting boss that accepts the ABS sensors be a few mm and this way you just avoid all the headaches and error codes that result if you don't notice this stuff. These brakes should all just bolt on/off but probably more work than you had hoped.

Oh, and FG diffs are wider than BA. Either 15 or 18mm each side from memory so you wheels will move out that much more. Better stance provided you're not at the limits now.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]