El Xr6 O2 Sensor location 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: El Xr6 O2 Sensor location
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6

New Zealand

My el xr6 felt sluggish off the line and had a bad stutter when accelerating off idle then the distributor failed so replaced that and found the cap and rotor were in very bad shape as well as the hall sensor failing after that things improved alot but it still feel a bit sluggish at low rpm and it feels like its got a miss ever few seconds. Ive installed aftermarket extractors and the o2 sensor (which i replaced when i did the dizzy) is only sensing off 3 cylinders instead of all 6 like it would from the factory. Would this be likley to be causing me any issues or does it not matter?

Edit: i installed the headers before the dizzy failed so im not sure what it would have been like with a good dizzy and the factory manifold.

Post subject: Re: El Xr6 O2 Sensor location
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:56 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

EF_nut wrote:
My el xr6 felt sluggish off the line and had a bad stutter when accelerating off idle then the distributor failed so replaced that and found the cap and rotor were in very bad shape as well as the hall sensor failing after that things improved alot but it still feel a bit sluggish at low rpm and it feels like its got a miss ever few seconds. Ive installed aftermarket extractors and the o2 sensor (which i replaced when i did the dizzy) is only sensing off 3 cylinders instead of all 6 like it would from the factory. Would this be likley to be causing me any issues or does it not matter?

Edit: i installed the headers before the dizzy failed so im not sure what it would have been like with a good dizzy and the factory manifold.

I wouldn't think the O2 would play much of a role with car performance. It is used to detect levels of O2 in your exhaust and adjust the fuel/air mixture.

Have you checked/replaced your spark plug leads? They could be faulty causing poor spark and under load can fail and give you a miss.

Check for a vacuum leak some where.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Post subject: Re: El Xr6 O2 Sensor location
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:53 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Plus I'd be checking the timing is set correctly post the dizzy replacement.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]