Fordmods Logo

Ford Fairlane AU heater not heating car 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Ford Fairlane AU heater not heating car
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:32 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford fairmont ef

NSW, Australia

Hi there need some help with this issue. (Heater) These are the things I've done ...... changed the thermostat -Heater tap- super flush with new coolant. Problem still there.... Fan speed works fine low - high (fan inside the car) won't change between temperature cold 16c to hot 32c the numbers change but not temperature. ....so I've removed the dash ..... it seems it might be the flap on the box that closes when you change temperatures.... would there be any other isues that might be the problem. ..thanks Terry help

Post subject: Re: Ford Fairlane AU heater not heating car
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:02 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

blocked heater core??

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

VIC, Australia

Make sure the vaccum hose is firmly attached to the heater tap. Does it get any warmth or completely stone cold? If completely cold, would expect a blockage somewhere in system stopping the coolant flowing into core.

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:06 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

I also forgot to mention that i also flushed the aircon systerm and it came out clear running water (as i flushed it by conecting the garden hose and ran it slow) also the heater tap hoses that conect to aircon run hot (in and out)so does that mean there would be no blockage in the heater core? Thanks Terry

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

VIC, Australia

You can't flush the aircon system with the hose, completely different. If you have flushed the coolant with the garden hose you want it to run at flat out, to flush the system. Turn heater on 32 degrees & run hose flat out while engine idling(start engine from cold) till old coolant removed, then refill. If heater still not functioning after that, you must have some other issue. If vehicle is on LPG hoses are not routed correctly.

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:18 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Some good clues here:
pantherman70 wrote:
also the heater tap hoses that conect to aircon run hot (in and out)
pantherman70 wrote:
it seems it might be the flap on the box that closes when you change temperatures

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thanks to everyone who helped.... found the problem as I thought it is the powered mechanism that turns the flap from cold to hot. Does any one know if you can just purchase that part or do I need the hole box. Thanks again this is the best sight for us Ford fans.

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:21 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Blend door motor. Possibly can still get but i suspect they may be discontinued so id be guessing second hand parts.
Sometimes the flap that directs the air temp can break from the blend door motor itself so you wont know 100% until you de gas the system, pull out the dash and heater box and have a look inside. This happened on my EB.
Its a prick of a job.
Whilst its out if you can you may as well look at replacing the heater core and evaparator as they may be getting fatigued with age anyway.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:49 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

I did take the dash apart and I removed the blend door motor and I moved it back and fourth you could here the clonk noise so I thought that part was good ...so what I did is place it in the middle just to see if it would blow hot air and then conected the blend door motor and put the dash together and it blew hot air so I think I will need the blend door motor replaced everything else seems to be perfect. Thanks again everyone for your help .

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]