Fordmods Logo

600ish hp barra 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: 600ish hp barra
Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:52 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: volvo 740 wagon

WA, Australia

so I'm building a project car; a volvo 740 wagon and I was going to go with a 2JZ, turns out it's probably cheaper and safer to get a barra and spend a bit of coin modifying it. I was aiming for 600rwhp as a max but seeing as I'm going to have to go forged rods and pistons why stop there? So now I'm keen on 650 odd at the rear. So modifying wise from my research I should be fine with:
Upgraded valve springs, HD head studs, steel head gasket, a big cam, ported intake manifold, external wastegate, forged rods and pistons, decent injectors (only 98 no E85 s**t) some upgraded ignition, full exhaust, thick a** intercooler and a tune. Note STOCK TURBO?? If I have to upgrade the turbo, would I be better off money wise grabbing an NA barra for a few hundred bucks and spending the cash on a decent turbo and exhaust manifold and new computer?

All suggestions welcome, I just can't wait to destroy every single HSV in this thing

Post subject: Re: 600ish hp barra
Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6 with BF Turbo engine

NSW, Australia

Get a BF MK11 or FG turbo engine, upgrade valve springs and put a GTX3582R turbo on it and you will see 600hp with the right tune

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]