Fordmods Logo

coreys el xr6 turbo 

Page 163 of 165 [ 2468 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165  Next

Post subject: Re: coreys el xr6 turbo
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:

Needs more barra turbz

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:47 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

barra's are over rated..

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

I considered a barra but it was cheaper to get the forged combo. And easier sticking with the sohc. No cutting k frame or sump mods, I'd have to re do the cooler piping and dump pipe, then stuff around getting it to run with the Microtech. And I didn't want to rip out the Microtech wiring and loom. Plus alot more things.

I prefer the sohc, and this bottom end is alot stronger than any stock barra with 200,000km plus , depending on a good tune of course.

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
I considered a barra but it was cheaper to get the forged combo. And easier sticking with the sohc. No cutting k frame or sump mods, I'd have to re do the cooler piping and dump pipe, then stuff around getting it to run with the Microtech. And I didn't want to rip out the Microtech wiring and loom. Plus alot more things.

I prefer the sohc, and this bottom end is alot stronger than any stock barra with 200,000km plus , depending on a good tune of course.

That's fair, turbo motors are becoming cheap, if you're running a standars turbo manifold and turbo aftermaket dumps bolt straight on and only need alittle modding on the turbo part so you can get the bolts kn and out :lol:

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I couldn't find any barras besides from wreckers and they wanted 4000 for a complete bf motor. I didn't want a ba because they have a weaker bottom end compared to the bf series 2.

What did you end up doing with the Cams? That was another issue I came across, either lock the cams, use the factory ecu or an aftermarket ecu that can run them.

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Mine runs on a ba loom and computer, mine is a bf f6 motor, my mates car ss this runs vipec and they were trying to control the vct and couldn't so he put battle masters in it from atomic, but he's lost a s**t load of down low, could almost cool 2 minute noodles with how long it takes him to get up on transbrake but they've tuned it while at the drags last time and is getting better

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

If I didn't already have a Aftermarket ecu I would of went with a barra. But since I've done the wiring and finally got it working good I don't want to rip it all out.

Motor is not far off being ready to go back in. Inlet Manifold and clutch needs to go on also wiring loom,spark plugs leads alternator etc.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Hey corey,how much did your pistons and rods set you back, you got me thinking about my EF and some boost now :roll: ,cheers Johnny.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Last edited by johnnyeHCF on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Double post -sorry :oops:

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hi mate
Didnt see your post until now ,I don't come on here often .

Piston and rod combo was 1900 from spool imports .
Ross racing pistons they are .

I have an update, xr6 made 260rwkw on 15psi. I need to upgrade the intercooler as i get heatsoak so it won't make anymore power unless ambient temps are cooler .

But overall very happy with it

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Very happy with the motor seeing as I rebuilt it myself . Rings gaps are perfect ,piston to bore clearance is spot on ,no blow by ,no burning any oil .

Just have to fix my climate control it won't turn on :(

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: LV XR5T

NSW, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
Very happy with the motor seeing as I rebuilt it myself . Rings gaps are perfect ,piston to bore clearance is spot on ,no blow by ,no burning any oil .

Just have to fix my climate control it won't turn on :(

Wow Corey, you've done damn well! I didn't expect to see you still going after all these years. That's no slight against you, most people seem to drop the E-series (myself included) :(
They're good cars, so it's great to see you hammering away, it'd be a weapon now

Previous -
EL XR8 - Navy, 5.0, coilovers, custom twin 2.25" exhaust
EL Fairmont Ghia - Heritage, V8, Coilovers, leather, elec seat, sunroof, Ticky kit, EL XR front, dual fuel, EL GT's, custom twin exhaust
2011 Fiesta LX

Current -
LV XR5T

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hey Brad good to see you still on here ,I haven't posted in a while but I do have a big update . I went to power cruise in February this year ,car went great but I wanted more power haha and my current setup up was not going to make anymore .

Intercooler was too small ,steel piping was giving me high intake temps . Turbo rear housing was too small .
So my new set up is

Holset hx40 turbo
4" dump
3.5" exhaust
600x300x100 intercooler
2.5" alloy piping
1000cc injectors

My goal is 380rwkw I'm limited to 400rwkw beacuse I don't have a main cap girdle so 380kw is a safer power goal I'll have to work out a way to upload photos.

Yeah mate I've still got her and won't ever sell it ,
. It will be in shed a few months , finally off the street . I'd like to buy more E series xr's . I currently have a EB xr8 and xh xr6 haha .

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

This is how it's been since February,still have the stockies on from power cruise ,it's ready for a retune now ,I have to down size pics and I'll upload more .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

New set up

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 163 of 165  [ 2468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165  Next