Fordmods Logo

xr6 engine conversion into my eb. 

Page 37 of 42 [ 626 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 42  Next

Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Hey jumpingjak, hows your EB coming along, you sorted out the gremlins yet?

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:14 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Hey jumpingjak, hows your EB coming along, you sorted out the gremlins yet?

i take it ... that didn't happen :cry:

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

NSW, Australia

sup guys.. I ended up taking sum time off the car, it started stressing me out lol.. I still have the same problem with the throttle. All i can think of is getting another pcm and have it reprogramed again :( . I got my rego done so i have at least 7months to try and figure it out my self :D . After that il send it to the shop. I been trying to save up and make a big car port and concrete slab so i can take the car back out the back to work on it again. I also been thinking about painting it be4 i get back into the electricals.

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I have a bit of a plan going on now :D. Hopefully over the next month i will get sum1 to come out with a good diagnostic scan tool and scan the pcm for me. Im also going to lay a concrete slab down in front of my shed for a solid work area and a paint booth. I will go over my loom 1more time and check all my earths.

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:27 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
sup guys.. I ended up taking sum time off the car, it started stressing me out lol.. I still have the same problem with the throttle. All i can think of is getting another pcm and have it reprogramed again :( . I got my rego done so i have at least 7months to try and figure it out my self :D . After that il send it to the shop. I been trying to save up and make a big car port and concrete slab so i can take the car back out the back to work on it again. I also been thinking about painting it be4 i get back into the electricals.

usual . . . . . . not much lol.......

jumpingjak wrote:
I have a bit of a plan going on now :D. Hopefully over the next month i will get sum1 to come out with a good diagnostic scan tool and scan the pcm for me. Im also going to lay a concrete slab down in front of my shed for a solid work area and a paint booth. I will go over my loom 1more time and check all my earths.

slab sounds great! .... pity you or me wasn't closer to the other ..... :roll:

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Mad2 wrote:
jumpingjak wrote:

usual . . . . . . not much lol.......

jumpingjak wrote:

Makes all the difference -using an engine crane dirt and grass SUX :roll: ,things don't always go to plan hey!

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:28 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

Makes all the difference -using an engine crane dirt and grass SUX :roll: ,things don't always go to plan hey!

yeah sure does! :roll:

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ahh so much to do.. Im not doing my slab till after xmas. Oh no, i have been thinking :lol:.. I am getting all my 5v ref signals and there all going to the right places, The engine starts if i unplug the throttle body motor plug. The peddle voltage is within specs and changes when the peddle is moved, same with the throttle body sensor.. That pritty much sez to me the pcm and wiring is ok.. Maybe the pcm has given a error code and needs to be cleared. I have almost got the money to get sum1 to come out and scan the pcm for me, hopfuly that will pin point the problem for me.. Aslo do you guys know if there is eny way i can change the throttle set up to cable?

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

jumpingjak wrote:
ahh so much to do.. Im not doing my slab till afterOh no, i have been thinking :lol:.. I am gI tting all my 5v ref signals and there all going to the right places, The engine starts if i unplug the throttle body motor plug. The peddle voltage is within specs and changes when the peddle is moved, same with the throttle body sensor.. That pritty much sez to me the pcm and wiring is ok.. Maybe the pcm has given a error code and needs to be cleared. I have almost got the money to get sum1 to come out and scan the pcm for me, hopfuly that will pin point the problem for me.. Aslo do you guys know if there is eny way i can change the throttle set up to cable?

Hey jumpingjak, no to go to cable you'd have to change to a au pcm and wiring and use a au throttle body,I think I heard someone using a e-series pcm tb and wiring aswell,there should be some threads on the subject somewhere too.

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
ahh so much to do.. Im not doing my slab till after xmas. Oh no, i have been thinking :lol:.. I am getting all my 5v ref signals and there all going to the right places, The engine starts if i unplug the throttle body motor plug. The peddle voltage is within specs and changes when the peddle is moved, same with the throttle body sensor.. That pritty much sez to me the pcm and wiring is ok.. Maybe the pcm has given a error code and needs to be cleared. I have almost got the money to get sum1 to come out and scan the pcm for me, hopfuly that will pin point the problem for me.. Aslo do you guys know if there is eny way i can change the throttle set up to cable?
''''''''' You still have something wrong, I think when your throttle body is hooked up it is actually closed all the way, and when you unplug it, it opens a small amount. It is too hard to set all that up without a scan tool with ford software and a ford workshop manual. When I look at ford throttle bodies with a scan tool, with the key on I will see around 18% throttle opening, if I touch the app pedal even change the pot by 20mv throttle opening will drop to 12% take foot off back to 18%. if you have not got those pots set properly on the app pedal you will get nowhere. Remember there is three signals to look at on the app one will go from .85 volts to 4.5 volts as the throttle is opened also one will go from 4.5 volts down to .85 volts and from .85 to 4.5 at the same time, it is an inverted signal the same on the throttle body. Also when reading the data pid it will say whether you have no pedal opening, part pedal, and full pedal as the throttle opens. Good luck.

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks for that info man.. I only have a multimeter to test so i cant test weather im at 18% or 12% but i do get them voltage reading and they are working how you mentioned. That is what makes my situation so weired. I have tryed every thing i can think of to diagnose this problem but with the tools i have i cant do to much realy. all i have left is to call sum1 in to scan it for me.. This pot thing you mention about being set up right, could be out.. I read sum were if the peddle and throttle body signals are not matching each other the pcm will go into a kind of looping mod looking for the right answers and thats what it seems like this is doing..

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Mate you would have to have two multimeters working together on the inverted signal, one watching the voltage go up, and the other watching the voltage go down at the same time when the pedal is activated, same on the throttle.

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sorry guys, a few month later and still could not figure out my problem so i finally saved enough money to have it sent off to the shop. Hopefully it want cost me an arm and a leg for them to sort it out for me. Its been at the shop for 2days now. I will post up the info he gives me when he figures out what wrong with it. It cost me $80 to have it towed and another $90 to have him do his diagnostics testing. I really hope its just an earth or error that needs clearing in the pcm thats the problem..

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:55 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

hey ... don't stress about it. :mrgreen: and hopefully it's nothing major :D

i'm still working on me EB wagooon .. and it's been somethin like 4 years & still working on it :shock: :lol:

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

im hopeing that it ends up being sumthing simple, so it dose not cost to much to get it running but at the same time im kinda hopeing that it is sumthing that i couldnt fix any way.. It kinda sux paying sum1 to fix sumthing that you can do your self. Hopefully this guy will let me know sooner than later what the problems are, so then i can post them up to you guys asap.. I spent a bit of time trying to figure out this 1problem and could not, so i am very interested in what went wrong.

Sort by  
 Page 37 of 42  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 42  Next