BF MKII DSC Light 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: BF MKII DSC Light
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:21 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2007 BF MKII Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

HI all
I have a 2007 BF MKII Fairmont Ghia, I recently replaced the steering column in the car due to the ignition not returning to on position after starting.
The problem I have now is that when I drive the car the Dynamic Stability Control Light comes on and stays on.
When I start the car when parked this light is off as soon as I start to drive it comes on.
At the base of the steering column, there is a black module if I start the car and unplug this module the DSC comes on, I think this may be the problem?

Thanks
Godfrey...

Did some research on the internet and it looks like the problem is in the steering angle sensor and that it will have to be checked and recalibrated.

Post subject: Re: BF MKII DSC Light
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:54 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

hdhertg wrote:
HI all
I have a 2007 BF MKII Fairmont Ghia, I recently replaced the steering column in the car due to the ignition not returning to on position after starting.
The problem I have now is that when I drive the car the Dynamic Stability Control Light comes on and stays on.
When I start the car when parked this light is off as soon as I start to drive it comes on.
At the base of the steering column, there is a black module if I start the car and unplug this module the DSC comes on, I think this may be the problem?

Thanks
Godfrey...

Did some research on the internet and it looks like the problem is in the steering angle sensor and that it will have to be checked and recalibrated.

Scan for fault codes . Check brake lights work correctly. Have steering angle sensor recalibrated - local auto electrician should be able to do this.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]