Fordmods Logo

EB Falcon power light flashing and weird at 60 kp/h??? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EB Falcon power light flashing and weird at 60 kp/h???
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

g'day guys, I have a 93 EB Falcon doing some weird stuff lately...first, it started about 2 weeks ago doing an odd thing - accelerate fine, but sitting on 60 k's everythings ok until you have to slightly accelerate to maintain speed - it'd feel a bit dead then kick back to 3rd gear, accelerate then you'd back off to keep to 60..not as bad in power mode, worse in economy mode.

Was just going up the freeway (Adelaide) into the hills climbing and it started cutting out then coming back on, so we turned around to come back down, not as bad coming down but still doing it. It was in economy then I noticed the power light on the dash was going on and off and 1 second intervals regardless of whether its in power or economy, it also smelled bad, like a cross between a trans smell and an electrics smell...by the time we were back the power light stopped flashing but it seems to be a bit reluctant to change up gears....any ideas before I push the whole car off a cliff??

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Post subject: Re: EB Falcon power light flashing and weird at 60 kp/h???
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

yeh she's definitely utterly rooted .... I had a couple of those white selector switches so I thought give it a try... put the first one on, fwd drive in every gear including reverse and neutral. Tried the others and the original one, same deal. Meh, its a $400 car, time to find a new one.

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]