Fordmods Logo

What is the latest model engine able Efi to carb conversion? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: What is the latest model engine able Efi to carb conversion?
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:50 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Xy falcon jetboat

New Zealand

Hi guys. I'm in NZ and run a marinised XY Falcon engine in my jet boat.

It goes pretty well but Looking to the future would like more grunt and parts are getting harder to come by over here.

I prefer to stay with 6's but not a fan of electronics due the high humidity conditions (rain, unruly Rapids, poor driving! etc)

What is the latest model falcon 6 that is able to be converted to carb? What are the procedures?

Have heard a number of combinations used in speedway but keen for you guys to shed some light on it for me

Really appreciate any help

Cheers!

Jim

Post subject: Re: What is the latest model engine able Efi to carb conversion?
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: XH Ute / AU3 V8 Wagon

QLD, Australia

With a bit of mucking about you could fit a carb and dizzy to an AU 4.0. You would need to get hold of a distributor from an XF, and the intake from an CFI EA engine, and adapt a 2-barrel carb to suit, and you should be OK. I'm sure there will be info on this conversion somewhere. Check the website for Aussie Speed, in south Australia, for more info. Good luck. 8-)

Yes, I own a Ute. No, I won't help you move!

EL Wagon Build Thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sooty72-s-ef-futura-wagon-long-term-project-t90025.html
XH Ute Thread http://www.fordmods.com/post1138970.html#p1138970

Post subject: Re: What is the latest model engine able Efi to carb conversion?
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:40 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

i will keep telling everyone about this: The XD-E-F electronic dizzy is not the way to go. Its too tall and fouls on the BBM.

Go find the last of the XF falcons which were fitted with a BOSCH "EST" ecu and take the whole system and especially the black plug on the distributor. You don't need the actual distributor.

Now go find an EA with Centre Point Injection. Grab that dizzy. The plug from the XF will screw straight on in place of the TFI module.

Then just connect it as per wiring diagram. Pretty simple. Just power/earth/coil/water temp and the "TPS". Except in an XF with EST there is no TPS. It is either open or grounded. I never connected it and it seemed to make no difference.

Bingo. This is how you make a stand alone ignition ecu for any SOHC ford six.

EA SVO Fairmont Ghia - Recaros, Bilsteins, Sunroof, SVO rims and body kit, Genie headers, DBA rotors. T5 steeda triax short shifter. 3.27 lsd. (EL 4.0 ported/polished, rebuilt and balanced, Dev5 cam. J3 chipped EL ecu, AU injectors).

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]