BA MKII XR6 auto exhaust setup 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: BA MKII XR6 auto exhaust setup
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford BA MKII XR6

VIC, Australia

Hi all,
I'm new to fordmods and new to owning an xr6 so please be nice.
I'm wanting to know what is the best exhaust setup for a BA xr6, and I want specifics please not just "get a red back". I want it to sound nice and not too loud when it's idling but I want it to have some grunt when I give it a boot without droning. So the specifics I want to know is:
1. Will a high flow cat make a difference to the sound or is it more to do with performance? If it does make a difference to sound please recommend some for me.
2. One or two mufflers? If two, should one be a hotdog? If yes to a hotdog, please specify size.
3. If no to a hotdog are there any other mufflers that I should specifically get or juts whatever should be fine?
4. If I have two mufflers I am willing to put in an exhaust cutout but is it worth it? Will it drone? If it is worth it, where should I put the cut out? Before I after the first muffler?

I also know that pace makers are probably the best option for extractors but if not let me know.
Apologies for the rambling and thanks in advance for the advice it is much appreciated

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]