Fordmods Logo

Car bunny hops in first gear 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Car bunny hops in first gear
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Au falcon ute v8 manual

NSW, Australia

Hey guys urgent help needed my au falcon v8 bunny hops in first gear, let the clutch out give it some its ohk give it more it bunny hops is if your learning to drive lol, I'm not touching clutch when it does it, it doesn't do it in any other gear, just did the clutch flywheel and gearbox mount but iunno its scary and a good car so don't know what's hapning, any ideas?

Post subject: Re: Car bunny hops in first gear
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: AU2 XR8 ute & 91 EA bitsa

VIC, Australia

Welcome to Fordmods. Can you advise on the following?

1. What sort of clutch did you install?
2. What was the condition of the flywheel surface? Did you have it machined?
3. Did you make any clutch cable adjustments after the new clutch was installed?
4. Is the front bearing retainer in good condition? (ie. what the throwout bearing slides on)
5. Did you put a smear of grease on the input shaft splines? Some people forget to do this.... :roll:
6. Did you install a new pressure plate, or reuse your old one?

AU2 XR8 with Raptor VL, ported Yella Terra GT40P heads, Scorpion 1.6 RRs, XE264HR-14 Comp Cam, ceramic coated Hurricane Headers, 60lb injectors, Walbro 255, 200cfi cats, 3" exhaust & Snow Performance water methanol injection

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:46 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Au falcon ute v8 manual

NSW, Australia

Umm it was a clutch industries clutch kit, new spiggot and throw out, new fly wheel, freshly machined, new pressure plate, retainer it ohk,, adjusted clutch cable that's all good, I did put a very thin smear of grease on the input shaft yea, it was doing the bunny hopping before I did the clutch, was the reason I did it, notice the engine mounts were pretty sloppy could rock the engine a little to easily for my liking

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: AU2 XR8 ute & 91 EA bitsa

VIC, Australia

Shaun Au v8 manual wrote:
it was doing the bunny hopping before I did the clutch, was the reason I did it, notice the engine mounts were pretty sloppy could rock the engine a little to easily for my liking

The plot thickens. If your engine mounts are broken, replace them first. Looks like you've eliminated all the obvious causes.

So... if it was 'bunny hopping' before the new clutch was fitted, then it's likely that the clutch is not the culprit. The next things to check are the injectors, plugs, plug leads, harmonic balancer, cam synchroniser, fuel pump, fuel filter. What sort of fuel are you using?

AU2 XR8 with Raptor VL, ported Yella Terra GT40P heads, Scorpion 1.6 RRs, XE264HR-14 Comp Cam, ceramic coated Hurricane Headers, 60lb injectors, Walbro 255, 200cfi cats, 3" exhaust & Snow Performance water methanol injection

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]