Fordmods Logo

XH ute engine swap 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: XH ute engine swap
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford XH Ute

VIC, Australia

Hey guys im pretty confused in what to do because heaps of people are telling me all these different things.

I need a new motor in my xh and can't find any xh motors is my area. So what other motors are a direct fit and needing not much work to put in and how would i do it. Such as loom wise what do i do there, accessories whats needed done there and so on.

And how hard would it be to get re registered and a roadworthy again in Victoria as the rego runs out in 3 days and didn't have a roady when i bought it.
Cheers! :D

Post subject: Re: XH ute engine swap
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:59 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Stozza99 wrote:
Hey guys im pretty confused in what to do because heaps of people are telling me all these different things.

I need a new motor in my xh and can't find any xh motors is my area. So what other motors are a direct fit and needing not much work to put in and how would i do it. Such as loom wise what do i do there, accessories whats needed done there and so on.

And how hard would it be to get re registered and a roadworthy again in Victoria as the rego runs out in 3 days and didn't have a roady when i bought it.
Cheers! :D

phongus wrote:
Stozza99 wrote:
Apart from an xh motor? What else again? Because i can't find one what so ever in my area. And if i do they either have 400*** ks+ or need a lot of work which sucks.

You can get an EL motor with minimal work and it will be fine. All you need is the bare motor, no accessories. Just use the XH accessories and put them all on the EL motor and you're set.

as mentioned reuse what's on your's on the replacement motor. EA to EL will fit with no probs [but ea to ed use differant fan belts to ef/el], just use your wiring looms & intake on motor. au motor requires trimming of the front of sump either grinding fins at front of sump or remove an actual section. fitting the au motor requires some knowledge of setting dizzy timming. you will need a receipt for the replacement motor for rego. so as mentioned ... find a good running EL motor.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]