Fordmods Logo

Falcon Au Gear problems. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Falcon Au Gear problems.
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Faclon AU

ACT, Australia

Hey Fellas. A while ago my AU ute would randomly stall on hot days, but particularly at intersections.

Mechanics replaced the coil, leads and spark plugs and that solved the problem. Months later after just starting it up and driving one or two minutes the car sort of lost all gears, as in I would push down the accelerator and it just revved, no acceleration. This never really happened again until the car started dying again at random on hot days (no warning light signals, no power steering and barely any brakes. Not cool).

I changed the crank angle sensor and that stopped it stalling but now it is terrible at losing power momentarily when I come to a stop and want to accelerate it pauses for 5 seconds, maybe. Any good ideas? I think the first mechanics may have done something and charged me for the coil etc for easy money. Any ideas, I'm getting really sick of the push bike

Post subject: Re: Falcon Au Gear problems.
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Faclon AU

ACT, Australia

Right I've sorted out the problem. The transmission fluid was really low, minus what I spilt (couple of hundred mls) only had about 2.5 lts in the pan.

The over flow bung is seized on so I don't know if I over filled it or not, but after a quick spin around the block. The car is a million times better. Added 6.5 lts.

My earlier b**ch about the car stalling- was it the cps or the leads and coil? Well if you have a similar problem one cost $40 and takes 20mins, the other probably needs a mechanic and will sting you over $800.

So to clarify- low transmission fluid, terrible at staying in gear/getting in gear.

Worn Crank angle sensor and it would stall like nobodies business. Check the cable too for cracks,
but changing it and replacing the cover is tricky with all crap in the way. Hope I helped some one.

Post subject: Re: Falcon Au Gear problems.
Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford Falcon AU 2000 Series II

QLD, Australia

Out of curiosity.

Does you have Auto gearbox with electronic solenoids? If so, I'm trying to work out how it could be low on trans fluid as mine is playing up but on cold days. Usually on start, reverse down driveway then select D, still no pick up in D, rev it up more then engages. Only once it did not engage in D, when stopped at a corner. Gave it a few more revs, came good again.

Went to KMart, buggers wanted to charge $250.00 for compete trans fluid change. Bit pricey.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]