V8 to i6 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: V8 to i6
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:07 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford EB Falcon

VIC, Australia

V8 to I6

finally got me my beloved EB Falcon as a long term project to restore and mod.

My EB started off as a 4.0 i6 2 owners before me approx. 8-9 years ago pulled the 6 out and put in a V8 from an AU FALCON.

This engine has unfortunately been fried and based on the story of the previous owner and expert opinion of my mechanic the 8 needs to be replaced. My mechanical knowledge is basic brakes, service maintenance, belts etc.

I was wanting to know what would be required to convert her back to a 6. My aptitude doesn't extend to far into engine conversions and swap outs so mostly likely have my mech will be doing most of the engine swap work. but will definitely take on advice and do some major research about this option. If reasonable I will consider doing this swap back. If not I'd happily look at acquiring another 8 to swap out. But just opening up the dialogue to find out my options and diss out if it would be a Mountain or a mole hill job.

The short term aim is to have her running again so moving the car isn't as much of a hassle as it currently is.

Any relevant advice is appreciated!

Post subject: Re: V8 to i6
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: XH Ute / AU3 V8 Wagon

QLD, Australia

If it is already a complete running car with the V8, then the quickest and easiest option would be to source another V8 and just swap them over. To swap back to the I6, you need to change the trans and a bunch of other stuff you don't have, so to do that I would recommend getting hold of another complete running car as a donor. This may be cheaper than replacing the V8, but a lot more work, and if you are paying for labour, probably a lot more cost in the long run anyway. My opinion? Get another good running V8, have it fitted, and drive your car. 8-)

Yes, I own a Ute. No, I won't help you move!

EL Wagon Build Thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sooty72-s-ef-futura-wagon-long-term-project-t90025.html
XH Ute Thread http://www.fordmods.com/post1138970.html#p1138970

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]