Fordmods Logo

Ba Ute. 4 speed Column to T56 Tremec. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Ba Ute. 4 speed Column to T56 Tremec.
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA UTE

NSW, Australia

G'day guys, many time visitor/reader
First time member/poster.
This has been asked before in the past but i'm hoping more information is now available.

I have been lucky enough to get my hands on a tremec t56 6 speed conversion from an xr6 sedan. (Hoping to put it in my BA XL Ute)
This included the box complete w/ bellhousing for 6cyl and plate, shifter, pedal box, clutch, flywheel, starter motor.

As far as i can tell so far i still need the crossmember, centre console (3 seater ute) i can get my hands on the tailshaft yoke, and a replacement steering column to replace my stupid one.

Infofmation i am hoping to get from the fordmods brain trust is what else will absolutely be required, parts wise.

And which would be easier, having ford re map my ecu and or bem to accept manual transmission.
Or buy matching manual ecu/bem/ignition/locks/keys.

Also, my existing loom doesnt accommodate the reverse lockout solenoid, where would i be best off wiring it to, (hopefully not brake pedal as i have read previously)

Cheers guys, go easy on me haha. Previous falcons include EF sedan, 4 Au's from Forté wagon to Fairmont Ghia sedan and a Supercab inbetween. But no b series so far

Post subject: Re: Ba Ute. 4 speed Column to T56 Tremec.
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2003 BA N/A XR6 ute

NSW, Australia

What are you doing with the tailshaft? Auto and manual ones are different length. Do you have a single or 2 piece? If you have a 2 piece, you may be able to change front half. Or use a BF 6 speed ute 2 piece (new on eBay ~$750). I'm converting from T5 to T56 and I have a single piece shaft. I'm using a custom shaft with a 2-3-6041X slip yoke. This has a 1330 universal so I'm getting a shaft made with 1330 weld ins. I'm using a 1330-1310 conversion uni to mate to my existing 1310 carrier to suit ?78 diff flange off the 5 speed shaft. As they don't make a 1330 carrier that I could find.

2003 Narooma Blue XR6 ute - NOW WITH 6 SPEED! - Underdrives, Hyperflow + Terry pipe + turbo snorkel, 4490's, Venom H/F Cat, 2.5" Redback, BF Turbo T56 conversion, H/D Turbo clutch, custom tailshaft, 3.89 LSD

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]