Fordmods Logo

Windscreen Washer Fluid 

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Windscreen Washer Fluid
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB s

NSW, Australia

My jets don't work... motor goes and wiperds go. But no water comes out. So a use servo squeegies.

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EF GLi

WA, Australia

When I got my EF the jets were not working because the whole system was clogged with green mush.
This had been caused by using only plain water in the washer reservoir. After a while, water goes bad and things start growing in it.
I pulled the whole system apart and tried to unblock the pipes and fittings, then I got some hot water and filled the reservoir with it, squirting it through until it came out nice and strong.
I had to flood the reservoir until the green crap flowed out the top and there was none left.
Then I juiced a lemon and poured the strained juice into the reservoir with water.
After that, the more I used the washers, the better the result became! The reservoir is clean, the pipes are clean, the jets never clog and the spray is really strong. Also there is a nice lemon fragrance whenever I use it!
Lemon juice contains a mild but effective acid which works great as an antibacterial and cleaning agent.

I have been a car detailer for several years and used all kinds of gear; I've tried the cheap stuff and the premium stuff; in my opinion it's the simplest things that work best.

As far as car wash stuff goes; if you want my opinion, it's really not worth arguing about. The reason being that unless your car has been professionally painted by someone who really knows what they are doing, your factory paint is probably crap anyway.

Don't let brand loyalty cloud your judgment - Ford's paint is not that bad, but not great either. How many Falcons do you see that are over 5 years old, used daily and still looking mint?

EF2 Fairmont Ghia. AU2 engine running EF gear. Intake, exhaust, injection etc; 8" rear stockies with 265/50R15 rubber. Shiftkitted auto, J3, custom grille and dash cluster and lots of other useless crap...

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

I found the old bottles of " Bars Bugs "......one has really old phone numbers, about 5 or 6 digits, but it's hard to read.......LOL.

Attachments:
IMGP3583.JPG
IMGP3583.JPG [ 267.01 KiB | Viewed 299 times ]
IMGP3582.JPG
IMGP3582.JPG [ 400.02 KiB | Viewed 339 times ]

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:46 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FG Falcon XR6 (2008)

NSW, Australia

Believe it or not, I find that K-Mart's 5-Star brand blue windscreen washer concentrate is very effective. I use it in my FG XR6 with great results. Cleans all the muck off the screen without any oily residue, streaking or noisy wipers. Cheap as chips too, and comes in a big bottle that lasts for ages. It doesn't smell of strong chemicals either, unlike some other washer liquids like Bug Off that I'm hesitant to use on paintwork.

The worst I've ever used is Aldi's own line of car accessories: a nasty looking, oily yellow liquid in a round, tall plastic container. Very thick and coats the screen with a gunky film, which I suspect is the stuff that makes it "water repellent" according to the label.

As for using only H2O in the washer reservoir, how does this help when your screen is covered in grime on a murky night? I can't see the point off NOT using a good additive.

Hope this helps.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3