Fordmods Logo

BA falcon, exhaust modification help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: BA falcon, exhaust modification help
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford BA falcon 2003 ute

QLD, Australia

Hi all, i have purchased a 2003 BA falcon ute from a family freind that has had some work done to it already. I know It has extractors that i believe to be peicemakers (am unsure) but i dont think it has had any other work done to the exhaust system. It only has one muffler to the rear and has a nice tone when it starts and idles, however when it revs up it sounds alot weaker and sounds like s**t. I am hopeing to get ssome advice on what mods could be done to get a loud low rumble when idleing and more of a roar when it revs up. I apoligise if this is a dumb question, but i am very noobish when it comes to mods.

Any advice is much apreciated

Post subject: Re: BA falcon, exhaust modification help
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:11 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2003 BA N/A XR6 ute

NSW, Australia

It's not a V8, forget the rumble @ idle. Well unless you want to spend up and fit cams and tune. I swapped out my stock exhaust with rear muffler delete (I don't know why they removed centre muffler on yours, the rear is the one to get rid of in utes) to Pacemakers, high flow venom cat and a 2.5" redback cat back. I went with 2 mufflers (they also have a rear hotdog option, that will be louder) as I'm not on my P's and don't need the extra noise. Yet when I get on the loud pedal it sounds brilliant. Redback catback is about $320 delivered from eBay.

2003 Narooma Blue XR6 ute - NOW WITH 6 SPEED! - Underdrives, Hyperflow + Terry pipe + turbo snorkel, 4490's, Venom H/F Cat, 2.5" Redback, BF Turbo T56 conversion, H/D Turbo clutch, custom tailshaft, 3.89 LSD

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:53 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford BA falcon 2003 ute

QLD, Australia

Thanks josh, i dont think ill have the cash for cams and tune, but the new exhaust sounds like a good idea. I would like it to be loud but Do you know if the hot dog on the back makes it sound to raspy or rattly?,, btw, the center muffler was removed to install lpg, however i have since stoped using gas and am going to remove the tank.

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2003 BA N/A XR6 ute

NSW, Australia

Ah right, didn't realise it has been converted to lpg.

This one is apparently 1 hot dog, 1 muffler https://youtu.be/J3snIrOblFQ

He also states that it has deadening etc so that says to me there's drone or another issue. But if you want noise it'll certainly be louder with the dog.

Do you have an Auto or a Manual? Do you do many highway k's?

Drone can be a big issue. I made the mistake once of a dumped exhaust at the diff in a ute. Right at cruise speed the drone and reverberation it made was migraine inducing. When I eventually get my exhaust carvings p, I will make a video of idle and revving, don t have a fancy go pro to get cruising. Will be a while away though, as I can't put many k's on it until speedo is fixed (don t need a ticket). I can highly recommend a high flow cat from George @ Venom, fantastic quality and will definitely improve your experience with extractors and catback, unless you already have some sort of high flow on there already.

2003 Narooma Blue XR6 ute - NOW WITH 6 SPEED! - Underdrives, Hyperflow + Terry pipe + turbo snorkel, 4490's, Venom H/F Cat, 2.5" Redback, BF Turbo T56 conversion, H/D Turbo clutch, custom tailshaft, 3.89 LSD

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

My old BA 6cyl sedan had X-force extractors & High Flow Cat with a Redback cat back + rear muffler delete and 45 degree angle dump tip.

Made an amazing sound, it throbbed awesome on idle and was almost silent on the highway (until i floored it of course). Could probably make almost the same combination for a ute, the whole setup wasn't too dear either.

I'll try and find a video of it, think i have one somewhere.

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]