Location of oil pressure sender on BF GT 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Location of oil pressure sender on BF GT
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2006 FPV GT-P

TAS, Australia

Hi guys, first post here.

I just bought a 2006 BF GT about a week ago. 5.4L Boss 290. It has the factory twin oil pressure and oil temp gauges up on top of the dash as the GT's do.

I've noticed when I turn the ignition on, the oil pressure gauge needle just instantly flicks over hard to the right, off the scale- even with the engine not running. It looks to me like the oil pressure sender might have died. Thats my first educated guess anyways.

I've googled, I've searched... I cannot find the location of the oil pressure sender on the car, that feeds to that gauge. Its as if nobody knows. I can buy a replacement sender(150 bucks roughly) but I have no idea where it screws in. Is it on the side of the block? Is it near the oil filter? Where is this thing located??

Absolutely awesome car otherwise- I'll have to make my own thread somewhere for it.

Cheers!!

'06 BF GT-P in Silhouette Black + Red stripe.
Sequential 6spd/Boss 290.
6 piston Brembos.
Di-filippo exhaust.

Post subject: Re: Location of oil pressure sender on BF GT
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:30 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2003 XR8

NSW, Australia

Welcome to the forum.

The oil pressure sender is in the same location as the oil filter. It look like the attachment. You will also find the oil temp sender in the same spot as well. They are both on the oil filter housing.

Hope this helps.

Attachments:
oil pressure sender.JPG
oil pressure sender.JPG [ 16.27 KiB | Viewed 528 times ]

FGX XR8
Catback custom exhaust by Liverpool exhaust. BPT intercooler, Yella Terra blower snout with smaller pulley, id1000 fuel injectors and Walbro fuel pump. Soon to be tuned by Autotech engineering.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Fpv bf2 gt

NSW, Australia

Hi guys I have done a lot of homework on my BF2 GT with a Boss 302 regarding low oil pressure and heating up the oil I replace my billet oil pump upgraded my timing chains and tensioners change my oil pressure switch try different grades of oil and none of these was the cause of the problem

I found it all come down to the oil filter you need a good quality anti drain back valve this will stop your timing chain rattling on startup
Now what happens if your oil filter is to restricted this will set off the relief valve in the pump and heat up the oil which will make the lower oil pressure worse along with the restriction
Oil filters I recommend staying away from k&n hp-2010 and z516 as these filters are only 10 microns
Oil filters I recommend the genuine standard Ford Motorcraft oil filter and z516st these oil filters are around 20 microns and have less back pressure hope this helps guys

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:05 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA 3VM

NSW, Australia

This is it here

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]