Page 3 of 3 [ 32 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re:
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Fairlane na2

TAS, Australia

jkk wrote:
i had the same problem, mines an auto. when it was warm and id stop at the lights it would stall, wouldnt start back up. few hours later my engine went!..

when its cold it was cold, it idled fine through all gears, when warm is misses and idle varies from 600 - 800 and sometimes 600 down to 500 then stalling.

anyways my engine is now stuffed, engine is knocking, crank pulley is wobbling like crazy!..

dont know if that helps at all, just thought id share

good luck with it! it really sucks, i know how you feel.

I had the same problem with my fairlane. I replaced my coil and moved it from the side of the block to in front of the airbox. Solved all my problems and moved it from a hot spot. I had a flaring idle until yesterday. I replaced my ground wire that goes from the block to the battery with 0 gauge wire the rest with 8 gauge and added 4 more grounds. Give the grounds a clean with a wire brush and if it gets better replace them. I would replace your coil as well.

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Post subject: Re: rough idle and stall
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:51 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BF Falcon Mk III

SA, Australia

I had the issue of rough idling to the point of stalling. Eventually it just stalled and wouldn't start again so I had to get it towed to my mechanic. He tested everything and there didn't seem to be anything wrong so he got the LPG guy near him to check it over but he also couldn't find anything wrong. They started swapping out parts to try and get it running and eventually found that one of the solenoids that tested ok was the problem. Swapped that for a new one and she ran like a dream.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3