Fordmods Logo

FUTURLANE ULTIMATE BUDGET STORIES 

Page 212 of 212 [ 3180 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 208, 209, 210, 211, 212

Post subject: Re: FUTURLANE ULTIMATE BUDGET STORIES
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:34 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Bummer dude-would of definitely got the adrenaline pumping in a wagon hey lol.
I've been looking for an old Cortina to modify as a hill climber for years-to no avail :cry:

looking forward to the eaton install-will be a Beast :twisted:

XG ute now powered with DOHC-BARRA 182/Tiger extractors/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter
Mods to come AU XR6 3:45.1 LSD/New wheels and full respray
the-garage-f53/project-xg-fpv-dohc-barra-182-t128753-60.html

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Since f**k being a bithc....
Attachment:
dump.jpg

Hey there --- Managed to do a few events, on super impossible budget. Also have a set of small slicks on 16" AU XR6 rims to do some proper circuit racing.

All in this heavy old beast with original suspension and brakes (well --- pretty original compared with what real serious or those with money have anyhoooooows)

So, good fun. This photo was taken at about 100km/h through a chicane... The barriers were high enough not to be able to see the exit clearly, and this was first officially timed run... So, went in about 120km/h, still braking, hacked it into second and slid to this point... Still was only half a second quicker in the next run without this issue... Smashed the mirror on the barrier and pushed cone out the way. You can see the car had tried to brake and turn (jandal heavy much?) by the slight skid marks behind those stupidly small 245 tyres on the back...
If only wasn't sleeping on the line on the final run would have bet some awesome cars to finish 12th in class, rather than 19th. There would have been a lot of cars there going red with embarrassment ;-) ..

As it was still bet a slightly worked 240z and some others in my class, along with Sabarus and others in the smaller engined classes.... Which handle a million times better than mine on their flash coil overs ( :roll: )

So - potential of these motors is good.

But we all know that already.

Try preaching to others!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by fiend on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Since I got "green stickered" which in New Zealand means

NOTICE ORDERING UNSAFE VEHICLE OFF ROAD

This sticker was acquired after being pulled over leaving pick a part by a police officer who had chased the vehicle a few months previously but failed to catch it. He told me it was not me driving at the time as apparently he got a look at the driver, but not the number plates to come around and see the car at home. I don't have a garage, so the car would have been on the front lawn in front of his patrolling the neighbourhood. Anyway, I digress...

The sticker means the car cannot be driven on the road. If it is, $600 fine, loss of license and car gets impounded.

It does not really mean the car is unsafe. The other police guy in the car with them just happens to drive a drift car in the local drift series. He looked at my car and was quite complementary on the way everything had been done.

The ticket for the offense is written as "SET UP AS RACE CAR WITH NIL CERTIFICATION". Legally speaking, as the car has had no warrant of fitness (road worthy) test for two years, they are kind of correct in giving the "UNSAFE" car thing. However, neither of the police could point anything unsafe on the car --- They could see good tyres, all the lights working, and since one of them had chased the vehicle and not been able to catch (or find) it, obviously the brakes and ability to perform when sticking the jandal into it are beyond question.

So, legally, "UNSAFE" due to not having proper roadworthy. But, in reality, safer than most cars on the road.

Went to Pick A Part to get a tow bar attachment for the MUMMOBILE (the Hyuandai Sonatra 2l front wheel drive that I am proud to use as my daily) in order to tow the Falcoon to events.. This little Korean machine would have a hard job towing the wagon - even though it is down to 1500kg, and getting lighter by the week...

So... Found a SAPHIRE EL FUTURA WAGON for sale through a friends friend. Known this guy twenty five years, just not seen him for a decade.

The left doors won't open, but hoping with a battery in it they will. Has no fuel pump, and the guy has pulled the whole tank out to get to it, rather than just remove it from the side. Old time mechanic - 1990's cars are probably too new for him.

So, took my wagons old fuel pump (converted the wagon to the B series pump with the old AU plastic tank out my donor car) a hundred km's up the coast in order to try it.. .Couldn't find the locking ring, so packed up to drive home, when he found it still on his old pump. Drove home anyway...

But going back today.

FORD FALCON "SAPHIRE" FUTURA 1998 WAGON FOR $300.

Left doors not opening. Fuel pump burnt. No battery. Rust in drivers sill. Rust in front right door hinges has had steel plate welded behind it.

Was last "road worthy" tested almost a year ago. Registration was almost a year ago too. In NZ you get a year to get it back legal or the plates become dead and you need to get the whole thing certified, which is an expensive and thorough process.

So... May just get the car. For $300 it at least gives me a straight roof (never had roof racks or anything on the roof at all) which can chop and weld to my screwed up "race" car. Or at least make a plastic / fibreglass copy of.

Also gives a bunch of spares. And a few items that could be sold.

However need a legal tow car.

FTP!!!

;-)

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
fiend wrote:

Unless someone else still uses FORDMODS?

hellllooooooooo? ....... anyone else??

:lol:

f**k PHOTOBUCKET wants *HOW MUCH* to show all my images on this site!!!? LIKE< WTF >
That's ruined it

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:35 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
fiend wrote:

Unless someone else still uses FORDMODS?

hellllooooooooo? ....... anyone else??

:lol:

f**k PHOTOBUCKET wants *HOW MUCH* to show all my images on this site!!!? LIKE< WTF >
That's ruined it

fiend wrote:
Hell. PHOTOBUCKET want $400 to display my saved images on this site. f**k THAT! Sadly, that is plain RANK!

http://s370.photobucket.com/user/nzfien ... t=3&page=1
(May or may not work)
f**k you PhotoSuckit

keep up the goood work fiend . . . . . . .... oh wait .... I canna see nothing :roll:

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:53 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Hey fiend, use imgur to upload and share your images. I use it now when I need to because photobucket has gone to s**t.

Good luck!

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:24 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

also fiend ... download ya pics from photocrapit & save em. then if you go imgur or google etc etc .. you can then upload em there ... you get the gist of it :mrgreen:

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad Brother wrote:
keep up the goood work fiend . . . . . . .... oh wait .... I canna see nothing :roll:

Yuhp... Nasty isn't it? What a horrible damn thing. Until someone at Fordmods writes a little bit of code into the page in order to replace all IMG sources with another server, this page will die an even worse death.

Which is a shame. Is much better than STALKERBOOK (facebook) for this kind of thing really....

phongus wrote:
Hey fiend, use imgur to upload and share your images. I use it now when I need to because photobucket has gone to s**t.

Good luck!

IMGUR. Will look it up, but then someone in power around these parts needs to have an automatic search and replace within posts. Doing the term "photobucket.com forward slash url .jpg" and replacing with "another server dot com forward slash image url . jpg" would work bloody well for me.

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:56 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

wellllll ..... if it makes you feeel any betterer . . . . . i bought a BF LPG wagoooon...... :lol:

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

That doesn't make me feel better. Is it BLUE? And is it dual fuel or dedicated? If it's dual fuel, I have a spare wheel hanger for the B series ute or wagon for when the cert runs out and you go back to petrol... :lol:

.(your LPG tank is a wheel shape under the rear of car, yes?)

Think I may have worked out how to get my silly car running again in order to go to this event I did a little help on ... Manfield track this Sunday. Dual car sprints - I hope

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:09 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:
That doesn't make me feel better. Is it BLUE?

unda the white & taxi yellow ...... . . some of it is :roll: :lol:

fiend wrote:
And is it dual fuel or dedicated? If it's dual fuel, I have a spare wheel hanger for the B series ute or wagon for when the cert runs out and you go back to petrol... :lol:

.(your LPG tank is a wheel shape under the rear of car, yes?)

Mad2 wrote:
wellllll ..... if it makes you feeel any betterer . . . . . i bought a BF LPG wagoooon...... :lol:

no doughnut under there . . . . . just two factory tanks [as one unit] sitting there, so no room for a petrol tank :P so yes it's dedicated lpg.

fiend wrote:
Think I may have worked out how to get my silly car running again in order to go to this event I did a little help on ... Manfield track this Sunday. Dual car sprints - I hope

good luck with that one aye :mrgreen:

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Well, turns out that PICK A PART do not have any EF FALCONS, FAIRMONTS, LTD, XR6, nothing... They have two EL's - only E series there. They had ten AU and seven BA - BF there last week, but no EA, EB, ED or EF. And all the old X series are in the 150% price section (where you have to pay $60 for a pair of lowering blocks FFS... Brand new they are less than that... SCARY)

So, could not grab a wiring harness for the injectors and that side of the motor after all. Got home and started shredding the damaged and suspect loom to bits. Going to make one that suits my needs a little better - even though that will eat all the time I was going to use for making rear wing mounts and front splitter alloy sections...

Ah well. There is still hope of making this event after all though...

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:47 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:
Dear Phongus,

someone on a stalkerbook group thought I was you.

Love,

Fiend.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :roll:

dunno how they could think that :?: :?:

Sort by  
 Page 212 of 212  [ 3180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 208, 209, 210, 211, 212