Tow a van with the ba 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Tow a van with the ba
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ford

SA, Australia

Hi

Just wondered what weight van the ba will be able to tow max as probably won’t be able to afford to change cars for quite a while, and may have to drive the ba till it dies completely.

Would you be ok with the ba till it dies or would you be better off changing cars when the ba starts costing a lot of money that could’ve got a 4wd or needing one thing after another so you don’t spend money you could’ve used for the next car especially if you need a bigger one.

Will the ba be ok to tow a med size van upto a couple tonne if you get the tow bar with square tongue or 1600 with flat one,

Currently the ba has a flat tongue

Would you be able to use the ba till it dies or should you change it over in a few years while it still runs and is still worth something

Post subject: Re: Tow a van with the ba
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Hi mate,not sure how much weight exactly the BA's can pull-but Ive had good experiences towing with my XG barra 4 speed auto-car trailer and car,I found in my BA sedan that its capable but needs a much bigger trans cooler-have a PWR trans cooler to go in but seperated from the radiator,another thing to think of is the extra load on the brakes,I blew the left rear brake hose towing a boxtrailer with white goods on it- meaning I had drive home with a loaded trailer on just the handbrake and engine compression using the manual tiptronic,next day got all new braided hoses and haven't had a problem since.(towing that is).
Cheers Johnny.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]