Fordmods Logo

Z/f trans conversion into Ba Turbo 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Z/f trans conversion into Ba Turbo
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Fairmont AU11

NSW, Australia

Hi, I'm putting a 6sp auto z/f trans into my Ba Turbo. I have the ECU sorted and I know I need the z/f engine loom but I'm not sure if the z/f trans rear mount bolts straight in or does it need modifying also dose the tail shaft to suit the z/f need any modifying. The z/f trans cam out in the Bf turbo so I thought as long as I use the B/f trans / mount and tail shaft and engine wiring loom they should bolt into the Ba as the body should be about the same. Has anyone done this conversion already, can you give me some advise on getting it done. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Z/f trans conversion into Ba Turbo
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Where the centre bearing mounts to on the floor is slightly different I am told?

Although, with a little thought I would say it COULD be done??
Might need to change the diff flange?

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Paul R wrote:
Hi, I'm putting a 6sp auto z/f trans into my Ba Turbo. I have the ECU sorted and I know I need the z/f engine loom but I'm not sure if the z/f trans rear mount bolts straight in or does it need modifying also dose the tail shaft to suit the z/f need any modifying. The z/f trans cam out in the Bf turbo so I thought as long as I use the B/f trans / mount and tail shaft and engine wiring loom they should bolt into the Ba as the body should be about the same. Has anyone done this conversion already, can you give me some advise on getting it done. Thanks

Hey Paul R,wish I had some answers for you on this-but am really interested in seeing what is involved and wanted to ask if you could keep us updated on your progress as I'm positive there are a lot of people who would consider this if all the details were a bit clearer.

Cheers Johnny.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:04 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Paul R wrote:

Hey Paul R,wish I had some answers for you on this-but am really interested in seeing what is involved and wanted to ask if you could keep us updated on your progress as I'm positive there are a lot of people who would consider this if all the details were a bit clearer.

Cheers Johnny.

Papa Smurf wrote:
Where the centre bearing mounts to on the floor is slightly different I am told?

Although, with a little thought I would say it COULD be done??
Might need to change the diff flange?

is the 6sp longer than the 4sp? the BA/BF1 uses a differant centre bearing to the later BF. the bolt holes for mounting it to the floor are differant, i know coz i bought the wrong one for her BF [2006 model] & there are two 'styles' as well. as Papa Smurf mentioned .... you 'may' need to change diff flange?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]