Fordmods Logo

BA/BF Falcon 6 cylinder head studs 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: BA/BF Falcon 6 cylinder head studs
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Hey guys, just wanted to share my recent experience with BA/BF head studs,so with my XFN I wanted to obviously try and keep costs down and opted for the Speedmaster 12mm Head Studs,well was excited to receive them and opened them up to test the 12mm HP_Junkie head stud washers and quickly realized that they didn't fit and then tried to fit the nuts on the studs and not a single nut would fit the studs-so I quickly notified the distributor of the studs packed and sent them back the same day Express Post but sadly they took their sweet time getting back to me and when they finally did said we are sending another set to which I promptly replied asking them to please open the box and check all the nuts fit the studs to which they replied they did and all was well anyway a few days later I received the new set of studs and opened them up and started to test nuts on studs-out of 14 studs 7 nuts fitted the other 7 did not,so by now I'm sort of getting p****d off-I contact the distributor again and by the end of the day they had refunded my money but by now my budget was all out of wack and had to wait and save for some ARP head studs, which I have finally got and guess what the larger head stud washers fit perfectly and so do the nuts.
Look I'm not going to mention the name of the distributor as I'm almost certain that this was a factory quality control problem but I mean wow lesson learned hey,I will not be trying to use Speedmaster head studs again for any vehicle unless they are Free and can prove they are worthy.

Cheers Johnny.

Attachments:
File comment: ARP vs Speedmaster.
IMG_20190123_27929.jpg
IMG_20190123_27929.jpg [ 62.87 KiB | Viewed 337 times ]
File comment: Part Numbers.
IMG_20190123_7938.jpg
IMG_20190123_7938.jpg [ 39.43 KiB | Viewed 341 times ]
File comment: ARP vs Speedmaster with HP_JUNKIE 12mm washers.
IMG_20190123_32630.jpg
IMG_20190123_32630.jpg [ 86.73 KiB | Viewed 326 times ]

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Post subject: Re: BA/BF Falcon 6 cylinder head studs
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sorry to hear about the issue you had with the seller but, it appears to be not unusual with Ebay purchases, I have had a few problems with a couple of sellers.

Glad you got it sorted but YES, it IS a pain in the a*** when these people FU** you around and then rather than fix the issue, refund and take their sweet time doing it. Lesson learned I guess? I sure did :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]