Fordmods Logo

coreys el xr6 turbo 

Page 165 of 165 [ 2468 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165

Post subject: Re: coreys el xr6 turbo
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:16 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

It'll be interesting with yours as anyone who looks at it will think it's a bona fide EL GT or FBT setup.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Yes it will be a tricky one to work out for most people .as far as I know I'm the only one so far that's made a bracket and adapted the c4 caliper to stock machined ef el stub uprights.

I took it for a drive and it works great,brakes a lot better than the au2 calipers.

I gave the pasenger side extra clearance around 1-2mm and now the top of the caliper just rubs on the rim .I should be able to file the caliper to make it clear .

The drivers side is fine no rubbing at all . From what I can see it won't affect the caliper filing a 1-2 mm flat spot as its rubbing away from where the pistons are so if was to file too much it won't cause a leak .

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:31 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

. . . . Actually forgot to reply to this thread.

There was someone on AFF a while ago chasing brackets for C4 calipers to fit an AU - they didn't get any, so I think they were going to sell them - good opportunities to pick up the calipers on the cheap when you know you can make the brackets.

I wonder why the C4's would brake better than AUII ones? The pistons are the same size in both, and I'd guess the AUII pads would be bigger.

You've seen my pics as to how much I've taken off AUII calipers to fit under 15" alloys. Just need to be careful you're not taking off the main strength areas, the dogleg for the outer pad, etc.
I've seen some UPC setups where they've machined heaps off VE calipers to clear rims.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:05 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL GLi

Nice work on those uprights/brakes man.

Build Thread

the-garage-f53/benno-the-viking-s-el-t111731.html

Ain't nuthin' to it but do it!

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I'll definitely keep my eye out for more tickford calipers, maybe it's just brakes better because I've got new pads. I noticed that too ,the tickford calipers have smaller pads compared to au2.

I didn't have to take much off them to clear only around 2mm . I'm Keen to make up another set ,it's good having big brakes with ftr's as they are one of my favourite rims .

Cheers Benno ,they turned out great ,

But have some bad news ,I drove the xr6 too much untuned and cracked the pistons, this was in December last year (2018) . I've stripped it down, block was fine ,just needs a hone.
I took it to brad at atomic he honed the block and I'm getting a new set of forged pistons, I'm going with CP instead of Ross, atomic 500kw rods ,main studs and a girdle.

It's already to pick up and 'reassemble ,also going a ceramic cushion button clutch.

I've removed the microtech and I've got a LINK G4 + fury ecu to install .
So thats where I'm at now should be a few months and engine will be back in, link wired in and dyno tune .
I'll make 400kw this time easy . Then decide where to go from there ,leave it or more power haha

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Pistons 4 out of 6 pistons cracked due to leaning out . 2 we're ok but a tiny bit melted on the ring lands .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Got my engine back from atomic, someone in the past had shaved alot of the deck height off which made the pistons stick out past the block, I would of been running very high comp alot more than what I assumed i was running. 8.5:1 . I never checked the deck height when I built it with Ross pistons and spool rods I was wrong to assume it was factory deck height but anyway atomic have sorted it

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

They machined the piston crowns by 0.5mm to give correct deck height , honed bores ,set ring end gaps and measured everything. New parts are CP pistons, atomic street torquer rods ,atomic main studs and girdle , I've also got a LINK g4 fury to wire in ,got rid of the microtech, I'll be running knock sensors, o2 sensor and e85 ,should make 400rwkw quite easy then go from there.
I'll keep you's all updated.
By the end of this year it should be all done and tuned

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 165 of 165  [ 2468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165