Fordmods Logo

BA/BF Falcon - High Series Wiring 

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: BA/BF Falcon - High Series Wiring
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:43 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Hi all. my question tonight is - is there any problems with changing the lower spec command centre wiring loom with the higher (fairmont) spec command centre wiring loom?

Lower Spec Futura

Higher Spec [fairmont]

the Futura wiring base plug matches the Fairmont base plug in 5/6 of the wires, however i'm unsure if the wiring will be there with regards to wiring/plugs in the command centre.

Anyone hava clue :?:

Cheers.

Ps. command centre is out coz i want to add extra wiring for the footwells & console. plus workout where to put the bluetooth. :roll:

Post subject: Re: BA/BF Falcon - High Series Wiring
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:36 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

I mentioned i think ages ago i tapped my footwells in the interior light wiring running up the drivers a pillar.
You dont need to pull out the icc.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:41 pm 

NSW, Australia

There should also be dedicated connectors around the fuse box area for a blue tooth. Or like i did connect the aux cable and plug a bluetooth in the aux socket.
You can plug the footwell lights also in the fat wiring connector plugs on each footwell trim but you need to chase up the wiring colours. I just ran the footwell wiring from left to right and spliced in the interior light wiring.
This link might help..
ford-interior-f14/ba-welcome-footwell-lights-t128565.html

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:26 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

main reason ... was to see "if" the higher series loom will plug & play with the lower spec icc.

bluetooth has been done & dusted with an aftermarket unit wired in as per factory.

refer
http://www.fordmods.com/auto-electrical-forum-f89/fg-ute-wiring-help-t133515.html

as to the footwells/console rear . . . ... yes i have seen what you did/mentioned. however the ICC is not hard to remove & with it removed i can do the footwells/console easier plus be able to see where i can mount the bluetooth module betterer than my other half's module [used velcro.... but didn't hang around long.....]. i also would love to fit a factory dash clock, hence my question re wiring loom/s. also have to workout what part of my pwr window loom is differant re switch illumination as my loom has the extra wire but i don't see no light.

Cheers

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:06 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

93EB wrote:
There should also be dedicated connectors around the fuse box area for a blue tooth. Or like i did connect the aux cable and plug a bluetooth in the aux socket.
You can plug the footwell lights also in the fat wiring connector plugs on each footwell trim but you need to chase up the wiring colours. I just ran the footwell wiring from left to right and spliced in the interior light wiring.
This link might help..
ford-interior-f14/ba-welcome-footwell-lights-t128565.html

i can run the wiring from the BEM connector [no.3] which is easy peasy.......... someone said

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:22 am 

NSW, Australia

You can illuminate the power window switches. You can either buy illuminated switches and plug and play or fit globes in your existing.
Dash clock is a nice idea too.

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:22 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

93EB wrote:
You can illuminate the power window switches. You can either buy illuminated switches and plug and play or fit globes in your existing.
Dash clock is a nice idea too.

with the window switches .... i hada look at the wiring when i grabbed some spares :roll: & hey mine had the full wiring loom [but i will make sure], plus think i have it down somewhere re converting standard switches. the clock was a case of hmmmmmmm... her clock needs a Fairlane/LTD clock. which had me thinking of hers in mine :lol: :lol:

but with the clock. i need to know [without me pulling the ICC apart.... further] if fitting the Fairmont style wiring will it work or cause problems :?:

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:05 pm 

NSW, Australia

My XR6 had the illumination wire as well. Just not the illuminated switches. I think all cars have it maybe except XT ?
I honestly cant see it being a problem putting the fairmont loom. If you do then at least the clock is plug and play..
If you have the bits you got nothing to lose i suppose.

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:25 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

93EB wrote:
My XR6 had the illumination wire as well. Just not the illuminated switches. I think all cars have it maybe except XT ?
I honestly cant see it being a problem putting the fairmont loom. If you do then at least the clock is plug and play..
If you have the bits you got nothing to lose i suppose.

at the moment i cannot check the switches at night cox i have removed a battery lead so i could remove the ICC & rewire for the footwell/console lights.

i have two of the looms. one is just the clock connection & other is the full loom. full loom has an extra connection/wires for the "sniffer" [i think it is?], but yeah the wires line up when you compare the Futura loom main plug to the Fairmont loom main plug [base of ICC unit]. and with your last comment ....... 'nothing to lose i suppose' is why i'm asking.

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:30 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Territory TS TDCi

VIC, Australia

You may find that the clock won't light up at night even with the clock loom. On base models there is a blue/red illumination wire that's missing from the main dash loom to the BEM.

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

magna wrote:
You may find that the clock won't light up at night even with the clock loom. On base models there is a blue/red illumination wire that's missing from the main dash loom to the BEM.

Thanks!. is that the wire from the cluster & tail relay? [eg . 19A/19J & 14KA/14KC]

Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:41 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

does anyone have a link to or have a pic of what the connectors on the back of the fuse holder connect to? just trying to get me head around the wiring.......... :roll:

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:09 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

does anyone know "IF" there is any differences between the various models fitted with the dash mounted clock in the wiring looms going from the BEM to the clock. not sure why there was no responce from clock. :|

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:23 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Territory TS TDCi

VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
does anyone know "IF" there is any differences between the various models fitted with the dash mounted clock in the wiring looms going from the BEM to the clock. not sure why there was no responce from clock. :|

The clock part of the loom is the same. Do you have a blue or green BEM? Clocks only came out on dual zone cars with green BEMs.

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:52 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

magna wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

The clock part of the loom is the same. Do you have a blue or green BEM? Clocks only came out on dual zone cars with green BEMs.

yeah ..... just worked that out as i pulled apart the BEM from me BA parts car [futura] & had a look at the board.... :( . i have the blue. after looking at the BEM [spare] i have here, i was thinking of grabbing a green BEM [well the one from a 04 Fairmont lol] from the wreckers so i could compare & maybe fit what's missing from the board [i know the connector pins are missing for a start... plus some smaller items].

otherwise i will fudge the wiring ........ ie compare what's in moi other half's Fairmont [what voltage readings] and see if i can replicate them without the BEM :?: :?: :roll:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next