Fordmods Logo

5 litre steel heater pipes 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: 5 litre steel heater pipes
Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:54 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 66 XR FALCON UTE

NSW, Australia

:lol: Hi . I have a 1966 XR ute with a 94 ED 5LT motor in it and have just got its engineering and rego finished (at last) and have got my first problem. I have no heater in the ute and the pipes finish at the firewall at the end of the metal pipes that run from the front of the motor. They were capped with what looked like rubber caps and have already failed and split. Does anyone have a link that shows if anything else is connected underneath the intake manifold as I have been trying to see if I can remove them and block the hose / pipe at the front of the block, this would be better for future repairs. I put a snake camera up into the pile of injectors and pipes but cant make out for sure what's there. I would rather not remove the manifold just to know what's there. I would also have to come up with a plan for the sensors / sender units. Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: 5 litre steel heater pipes
Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

crebe wrote:
:lol: Hi . I have a 1966 XR ute with a 94 ED 5LT motor in it and have just got its engineering and rego finished (at last) and have got my first problem. I have no heater in the ute and the pipes finish at the firewall at the end of the metal pipes that run from the front of the motor. They were capped with what looked like rubber caps and have already failed and split. Does anyone have a link that shows if anything else is connected underneath the intake manifold as I have been trying to see if I can remove them and block the hose / pipe at the front of the block, this would be better for future repairs. I put a snake camera up into the pile of injectors and pipes but cant make out for sure what's there. I would rather not remove the manifold just to know what's there. I would also have to come up with a plan for the sensors / sender units. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi mate,nice project-wish I had an answer for you but if you don't get a reply here regarding this have a look at
Australian Ford Forums - Powered by vBulletin
https://www.fordforums.com.au/
I'm thinking there could be a similar build/may get an answer there.

P.s would love to see some pics :shock:
Cheers Johnny.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 66 XR FALCON UTE

NSW, Australia

Thanks for the advice.I will give that a go. Managed to block them up for now with new short bits of heater hose (3/4 + 5/8) with brass plugs and clamping. It will do for now and a short drive or two proved to show its working ok. One more thing . I have a continual smell of petrol and its coming from the throttle body by what i can find. Looks like its leaking or forming around the spring underneath the throttle flap/butterfly. Replace or get a kit? do they make em.? throw it away and get a bit bigger one?

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:51 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 94 XG Falcon ute 4L 5spd

VIC, Australia

I pulled mine out on my ef 5l, put an electric mezerie pump on it for skids, one pipe is into the front of the block or manifold and then another runs off to a steel pipe that is held by mounts to the drivers side of the intake manifold, it then runs around the back of the manifold and off to the heater. This pipe has a flange built into it where tje engine temp sensor screws into. Have a look on line and see if you can find any images on google with the covers removed and you will see the pipe im talking about.

To many project's and not enough $$$

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]