Smart sheld help with AU 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Smart sheld help with AU
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XD ute

NSW, Australia

Hi eveyone,

probably beating a drum, i have a customers AU falcon UTE, 2000 model, 6 pack, it has smart shield and smart lock issues, I have completed a parameter reset, I have replaced the keys, I cant get it to start. before anyone asks, it has a working interior lamp, i have extracted the following code: P1358 IDM signal out of test range. I have been toying with the idea of disabling the pats, modifying the starter relay wiring to enable crank regardless of immobilizer status. Am looking at two options, a J3 chip and getting the pats disabled inside the ECU. i have been told that a bloke by the name of Nathan on this forum might be able to help with this, happy to send it to him and pay a fee.

My mobile number is 0406 429 113

Please give me a call, need to resolve this issue for my client.

Post subject: Re: Smart sheld help with AU
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:19 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

nickyp00 wrote:
Hi eveyone,

probably beating a drum, i have a customers AU falcon UTE, 2000 model, 6 pack, it has smart shield and smart lock issues, I have completed a parameter reset, I have replaced the keys, I cant get it to start. before anyone asks, it has a working interior lamp, i have extracted the following code: P1358 IDM signal out of test range. I have been toying with the idea of disabling the pats, modifying the starter relay wiring to enable crank regardless of immobilizer status. Am looking at two options, a J3 chip and getting the pats disabled inside the ECU. i have been told that a bloke by the name of Nathan on this forum might be able to help with this, happy to send it to him and pay a fee.

My mobile number is 0406 429 113

Please give me a call, need to resolve this issue for my client.

if it's a 2000 model AU then i don't think it has smartlock [you can tell which it has by the remote used]. what did you use to do the parameter reset, keys etc.

Nigel wrote:
The second alternative here is that you can send your ECU to a person in Sydney (Name is Nathan) - on FordForums. He is able to reprogram your ECU to not require PATS without the J3 chip.

read it correctly if your going to quote it. https://www.fordforums.com.au/index.php?

they have a AU2 with 'similar' problems - https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11489024

Post subject: Re: Smart sheld help with AU
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 66 Coupe

WA, Australia

give me a call to discuss some options - ph number on my page shiftkits.com.au

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]