Fuel system 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Fuel system
Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Eb II 5 speed Wagon

NSW, Australia

have a question. getting bits together for a turbo project a very mild one nothing over the top. would a haltech F5 fuel only computer firing one tb mounted injector be enough to handle 6 psi or would i need 2 injectors. another q , could i use stock injectors in the tb or would i need something that flows a bit more. i am just after a streetable falcon with that little bit of go that makes people take a second glance , along with all the cool turbo sounds. dont flame me i am just asking a question trying to expand my knowlage. i know a full ecu would be the go but i cant justify spending over a grand plus a tune for the application it would be used on.

EB II 5 Speed wagon
4L MPEFI with EEC IV & Smartlock
Air Con
Windscreen mounted sun visor
Tow Bar
15Inch Pensioner special Alloys with cheap tires
Radio/Cassete
Self Retracting Safety Belts
Fold Down Rear Seats
Clear Side Indicators

Such Exciting stuff is a GLI

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:05 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

If you only want a little more power why not install in a Bosch 040 fuel pump and then stick on a high rising rate mallapassi reg after the factory one and set the base press so that it doesn't start raising the pressure to much untill boost. Bodgey but should work for less money.

Unless you have a F5 they are virtually impossible to get.

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:23 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

i see , i can get one free off a mate, the rising rate reg sounds ok but i thought you had to have an emmissions test done after u turboed it. with the rising rate is there would be a possability of the a/f's going in the direction of rich right? that cant look good during an e-test i figured.

but surposing i was going to use an f5 does anyone know if i could use 1 stocko injector in the tb firing off the f5.

EB II 5 Speed wagon
Air Con
Tow Bar
Radio/Cassete
Fold Down Rear Seats
Clear Side Indicators

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:51 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

The emissions test I assume should only be at idle,cruise, and light loads which should pose no problem if the reg isn't raising the fuel pressure until boost.

If you can get an F5 for free then buy 6 2nd hand Magna injectors (775's) and use it to totally control the injectors. Thats 220rwhp max there.

You could do it your way if you are only chasing 190rwhp. Although the "on" point of the injector will most likely have a slight rich hiccup.

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

A single injector in the TB will work but does the haltech enable you to set the injection time at various load and rpm points?
Avoid using rising rate regs if youve already got some sort of extra fueling computer, the haltech will do the job ok.
Injector wise, you'll want atleast an extra 1000cc so maybe a pair of injectors from a CA18, rx7 or other jap turbo 4cyl as most of them are around 400 to 500cc.
Dont bother changing the fuel pump, as long as the stock one is in good condition, it will support upto 200wkws. If its tired, grab a 255 walbro, direct swap for 170 odd dollars.

Dont think that turboing a falcon is cheap and easy, if your just afters pops and wissles then buy a skyline

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:12 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

ok thanks alot , bert i thought i read that the f5 could only control 2 low imp. injectors and 4 high imp. ones.. might be wrong too but.
but from what you say i take it magna inj's fit strait into the 6's rail, just wondering. chef i belive it is load and rpm tuneable as i am aware it has an inbulit map sensor and connects to the neg side of the coil also. as i am lead to belive it is able to be set to start firing at whatever rpm and vac/boost you choose to tune it to. i figure u could road tune it maybe if you had an a/f guage. this is all stuff i have read and have been told so dont take it for gospel, i am by no means a turbo guru so if there is anything i have said that does not look right dont flame me for it. as for the buying a skyline thing well i cant see the point in joining the millions of ricer types that drive skylines covered in more stickers than there is kilowatts. a turbo e-series isnt as common as a oh so uncommon -sarcasum- -cough- r33gts-t with gt r badges all over it lol

EB II 5 Speed wagon
Air Con
Tow Bar
Radio/Cassete
Fold Down Rear Seats
Clear Side Indicators

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:03 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

The rising rate reg idea was more so to get you around having to tune it. Although this approach would max out at about 170ish rwhp, meaning a small turbo (RB25, VG30, RX7) only.

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

Magna injectors wont flow a whole lot more then standard, both are 19 lb/hr but the magnas have a different spray or some s**t. I got a set of magna injectors and malpassi rising rate reg forsale if u wont, both came off a turbo cross flow but i dont know what power it put out.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:25 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

sadly i had to part with the f5 as i was in need of cash for this time of year. the project will have to go on the back burner for a little bit. malpassi reg sounds ok to get it started but how much u want for it. i am not based in newcastle anymore moved to tamworth.

EB II 5 Speed wagon
Air Con
Tow Bar
Radio/Cassete
Fold Down Rear Seats
Clear Side Indicators

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

Umm not sure really, they are roughly $200 new, i bought it second hand with injectors for $180 and havnt used it so say around $100?

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]