Fordmods Logo

Pressures 

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Wadesta, what ever you do, dont drive it on boost without first getting it on to a dyno and checking the Air/fuel ratios.
if you've only gotta wait a month til you get and ecu and bigger injectors, just wait and do it in one go... it only takes a few weeks to break the motor if its detonating/leaning, and that d**k smith meter will only tell you its leaning when its too late.

Get the new ecu, injectors, pump, intercooler and get it onto a dyno with a good tuner... then tell him to give it 15psi. Dont waste time with rising rate regs and standard ecu's/ injectors unless you really know what your doing

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Mini Cooper S Supercharged

NSW, Australia

I have sorta done a bit more research and reading and have realised what an idot i have been. Bugger the standard crap. I have been looking around the Haltech website and have decided to give the interceptor a try. It is capable of tuning Fuel, Ignition and Timing Maps. I was going to couple this with the Haltech Boost Control Solenoid. Haltech has informed me that its going to cost $1050 for the interceptor and $118 for the solenoid! How Affordable and should be able to do everything that I need it to do. It also allows for live stats to be displayed on a laptop so That will be great for frequent checking of the A/F Ratio.

I have realised that I love my car to much to risk doing a dodgey turbo install! God Im a d**k!!! I have sent the Adjustable Rising Rate Reg and I have a Vortec FMU on the way with a couple of different plates. I wouldnt mind getting a tuned manifold but I have allready stretched my budget enough.

So right now, the plan is to get the Haltech, Get it running in my car as N/A with the upgraded Fuel system, minus the injectors for now, and then get the turbo on, get the injectors on and then get it pro tuned.

Thanks Guys

Wade

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Oh yea, will it be safe on 15psi without internal upgrades? I.E: Pistons, Rods, Valves, Etc

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

martin,

have thought bout those capa kits, just cause their so much easier than turbo etc..

wont be doing anything soon, need to actually save cash.. eek! maybe end of the year

however, looking at the |6 kits, 9 psi on the powerdyne looks the most tempting, this shouldnt be an issue for a stock engine should it? and the PD kits are ok without a intercooler cause they dont run that hot?

how much fuel consumption increase can i expect? ;) my trip computer is reporting me 17L/100km right now :mad:

why does bloody forced induction have to be so tempting!

oh, any ideas what a 9 psi capa PD kit would run? they say 240fwkw.. could you expect a 14 flat or even 13.9?

of and i would definatly have to look into a way of putting a FMIC on it :D

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Gaz,

Depends on what you've got planned. If you could stretch the budget just that *little* bit further and get a vortech kit, it would be the go.

Powerdyne is an OK blower for a stock, auto car. But it has very little headroom for improvement. Dont get me wrong, i love mine, but its ok because i dont plan on working it any harder.

Average fuel consumption on mine is about 20L/100km.. mixed city/highway and with a bit of a lead foot. Daily driving fuel consumption not much different to standard... its just hard keeping off the loud pedal when there's 500+nm waiting for you...

If you go FMIC, make the decision before buying the kit... have a look at ELXR8's setup, as i think his blower actually has a wside output from the supercharger which allows you to easily plumb FMIC... then look at mine which pretty much goes straight from blower to TB... i run water inj instead of IC...

Have a look for Rmyer's threads on here, he's got a very very very nice Powerdyne setup on an I6...

BTW 14 flat is a reasonable expectation.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

wadesta_1986 wrote:
Oh yea, will it be safe on 15psi without internal upgrades? I.E: Pistons, Rods, Valves, Etc

Yeah 15psi is fine as long as the tune is good... mines running 15psi and all is sweet, I'll be upping it soon to 18psi.

The Haltech sounds like a great idea... no need for a new wiring loom so theres money and or time saved.
Even with just the Haltech you'll get increased kws, and its good to get to know the ecu befor your into the boost side of the deal

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thats excellent. 15psi, Here I come! Yea, I did come to my senses a bit and after what I have read and heard about the Haltech, It does seem the way to go. Havent heard a bad thing about them yet........ Yet! Naaa, Lookin foward to it!

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3