Fordmods Logo

snort kit stage 2 

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:02 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2002 Mustang Cobra

VIC, Australia

yep seton005, we meant the cost for manual labor that needs to be done by someone who knows what they are doing (which is obviously not myself).

Also, I did say that the prices I listed were being the most expensive around because it all varies where you go and who/what you know.
Again, I stand by about $10,000 all up, give or take a few thousand depending on which plae you go to, how much you can do yourself or who you know that can do things for you.

I also recommend watching FPV_GTp's postings very closely, he always organizes group buys in which you can save 100s of dollars on things. For fuel pumps, injectors and Wolf3D kits, you should PM him NOW because he is an absolute legend and will save you lots of money on these.

Good luck with your setup! I'll also let you guys know how I go with mine when I get it all running. Thanks everyone!

Red 2002 Mustang Cobra

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

And lets not forget the auto only handles mid 200wkws for a few months and they start to cost heaps to get a strong rebuild.
Most insurance companies wont touch you if your under 30, engineering is pretty much as stated by Seton500, the emissions are the tricky area but they vary state to state.

But it is worth all these little hassles, and crapping on HSV's is the icing on the cake

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: eb gli

VIC, Australia

G it would b good to one day say "lets go for a snort" and the next day " how about a line boys?"

i realy want one of these low boost set ups.....

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:23 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

CHEF, 200wkw...is that kW @ wheels?

What do you think about sub-200kW @ wheels? My old auto failed about 75,000kms ago and so I got a new one. How do you think it could cope with about say 180kW @ wheels?

Red 2002 Mustang Cobra

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Yeah, @ the wheels.

180 should be ok but get it serviced and install an oil cooler.
Mine was fine for 5000kays with 204kw@w then once we tuned it properly and added more boost it started to slip on the dyno... was doing 190kw@ws at 3500ish rpm then it would slip

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:41 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

yeah, I will definitely install an Oil Cooler. I'll get the service done next time car is due, which is just under 1000kms. Thanks for the advice!

Also, I plan to get my kit installed and tuned by Rank Rotary (JETXR got his done there, and the Dyno Sheets from Snort Performance are from there too)...any feedback about these guys? If Geoff trusts them, then I should trust them too, but I just want to know if anyone else has had any experience with Rank Rotary?

Thanks

Red 2002 Mustang Cobra

Post subject: stage 3 & 4
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:47 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

i was just wondering if anybody can get some more info on the stage 3 and 4 my idea is to get the stage 3 with a water-to-air intercooler, haltech interceptor ECU, bigger flowing injectors (not sure how big) and bigger flowing fuel pump (not sure what). This has a stock bottom end

Could some one help me with the fuel side of things not to sure.

Also this is an EL XR6 auto I dont know if the auto will hold together. What do you fella's recon i do about the auto.
this car will be a weapon!

Post subject: Re: stage 3 & 4
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

greenELxr6 wrote:
i was just wondering if anybody can get some more info on the stage 3 and 4 my idea is to get the stage 3 with a water-to-air intercooler, haltech interceptor ECU, bigger flowing injectors (not sure how big) and bigger flowing fuel pump (not sure what). This has a stock bottom end

Could some one help me with the fuel side of things not to sure.

Also this is an EL XR6 auto I dont know if the auto will hold together. What do you fella's recon i do about the auto.
this car will be a weapon!

with the auto get a 2500rpm+ stall convertor round the $350-650 supplied....shift kit...can build your self one for <$15...this will hold up to rpund 200rwkw....not sure how long for tho...would depend on its current condition.

You can get the internls replaced with stronger BAXR6T components for round the 1K mark.....any higher kw figure or forced induction path and you may need to either go to an older auto like a beefed up C4 or manual conversion to a Tremek TKO which will cosst round the 4.5K mark fitted with a twin plate clutch.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

ebEB wrote:
G it would b good to one day say "lets go for a snort" and the next day " how about a line boys?"

i realy want one of these low boost set ups.....

did someone say snort and line!
LOL

Nicko

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

drugs r bad mkay... 8-)

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3