Fordmods Logo

Opinions on Whiteline Kits for AU 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: Opinions on Whiteline Kits for AU
Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:18 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon AUII Forte

QLD, Australia

I'm looking at a full upgrade of my suspension on my AU2 Falcon.

Springs, Shocks, Struts, Sway bays, camber kits etc.

From reading general forums around the place, Whiteline seem to be the go and are much better than peddars.

I'd just to hear some opinions of people who've completely redoen there suspension setups from there stock cars.

My AU2 isn't _that_ heavy (lighter than 300zx, same weight as Skylines) - but the s**t stock family car suspension make sit feel like a barge towing a truck, and the bodyroll is just plain annoying.

Cheers :)

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:28 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

pauli has the white line kit on his car
it a bit to soft from what i hear the sway bar is good though

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:07 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: AU Series II

VIC, Australia

i have heard alot of horror storiies with whiteline gear, just be wary

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I can definantly vouch for their Swaybars. Great product !!

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

i had king springs...worse setup i have ever had (sag after about 3 months)..went to pedders for a sports ryder setup...i heard all the bad stories...best setup i have ever had for my AU. And after about 1.5 years hasnt sagged a bit and still going strong :)

also was one of the cheapest quoates i got
$800 for lowered springs shocks camber kit etc

my mates with au's have since gotten pedders gear as well.
i cant comment on whiteline never tried them

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA

NSW, Australia

I'm gonna get a pair of their swaybars but am quite happy with Lovells springs, Monroe GT shocks/struts and Noltec camber/castor kit. If I got a new car tommorrow though the only thing I'd change would be a set of KYB shocks/struts

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

For a full whiteline kit, including whiteline shocks and springs and swaybars and camber kit it is going to cost over 2 grand easy. Whereas you can get a koni setup with king springs or lovell or whatever for 1.6.

I have a whiteline swaybar on the front of my AU. With konis and king lows. My car handles like a dream, and sticks to the road like glue.

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:38 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

LG wrote:
For a full whiteline kit, including whiteline shocks and springs and swaybars and camber kit it is going to cost over 2 grand easy. Whereas you can get a koni setup with king springs or lovell or whatever for 1.6.

I have a whiteline swaybar on the front of my AU. With konis and king lows. My car handles like a dream, and sticks to the road like glue.

So you've found no need to upgrade the camber kit or something?

What about strut bars?

So just upgraded front and rear sway bars?
Koni Sport shocks and King Superlows?

How much better does it handle with the above on your setup?

What annoys me about my car is when I power through/out of a corner (stock diff) she does some weird stuff (revs drop/rise quickly). I'm guessing this will be fixed when I get my LSD though.

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I'm running Koni Adjustable Shocks with King lows, Camber Kit and Whiteline 30mm front non-adjustable swaybar. All that including fitting, cost me rougly 2 grand. You can choose to get the non-adjustable Konis, and you'll save your self 4-500 bucks.

Handling, is un f'n believable. I can stick corners 30-50 km/h faster than before. With my upgraded suspension and sport tyres on my mags. The front is nice and flat, and comfort is still there.

You have a couple of options. You can get lower springs and get struts, and use your existing shocks. Or you can get all new shocks to suit the lowered springs.

I haven't bothered with strut bars, as i'm not pulling huge horsepower and they are more show than action, i reckon. And it's fairly hard to mount one in the engine bay of a 4L.

Later down the track i may look at getting another Whiteline swaybar for my rear, but for now its perfect.

I have a stock diff as well, and not all that much performance mods due to my insurance. But cornering is heaps better.

I'll invest in a 3.45 LSD sometime next year. :)

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:08 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Cheers mate

How are the koni adjustables? I love the idea. Pump them up a little for during the week, and totally slam it for a saturday night :)

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

The koni adjustables don't adjust your ride height. If you want that, you need to look at airbags or hydraulics.

The adjustable shocks, just adjust how firm or soft the shock expands after it absorbs the bump.

So for a country trip, I'd soften them up all the way, so i don't feel many of the bumps. But for a drag or track racing, i'd firmin them up, so i have traction all the time.

The other koni's are still adjustable, except you need to remove the shock from the car. Whereas with mine, i can just fold down the rear seats, and turn a knob.

I was only going to go the normal ones, but i thought bugger it, if i'm getting top of the range shocks, i might as well spend a couple extra and go all out.

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF Futura

WA, Australia

I just installed the a whiteline works kit on my EFII (whiteline "control" springs, swaybars front and rear, trailing arm conversion, new bushes and koni shocks).

No "horror stories" here, installation was pretty straightforwarda nd it handles liek a dream now. It feels very stable and flat through corners, looks great and the ride quality is still pretty decent. Admittedly my previous shockies were rooted with 223000 k's on them but i'm absolutely stoked with the kit.

I got everything for $1615, well worth the money imo.

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Cameron, did that include a camber kit? That's a fair decent price.

Is there much of a noise/squeek? from getting new bushes? Feel any different?

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF Futura

WA, Australia

It didn't include a camber kit, the suspension place i bought the stuff from inspected the car on the hoist and was of the opinion it wasn't strictly neccesary and i was trying to keep the price down. I'll find out on thursday when i take it there for the alignment. The whiteline camber kit though is apparantly a nightmare to work with so i'll be getting a k-mac kit if neccesary.

I haven't noticed any sqeaking or noises from the bushes or any of the gear. I couldnt really tell you what difference the bushes alone have made, since i went straight from 220000+ km factory suspension to brand new stuff alround but the handling now is amazing. Driven back to back with my old mans BA XR6T it certainly holds its own in the handling department. Can't quite match him for pace though.... yet :wink:

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Manual

VIC, Australia

Hey Camron,
Where did you get that kit fitted? Did you purchase it yourself and bring it to them or let them do everything.

What wheel's/ tyres do you have?

Are you still happy with it?

Manual EL Gli.
Mods: Crow Stg3, Chiptorque Dynotune. Lukey Exhaust. DBA slotted rotors, EBC Pads. Whiteline Low Susp. EL GT Swaybars, ROH Envy 17 x235 wheels. Vehicle Datalogger Display V2.0,

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]