Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: INGALL FLEXES HIS MUSCLES AT NZ V8'S
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

V8 Supercar Champion Russell Ingall (Caltex Racing) has set the fastest time in practice for this weekend's second round of the V8 Supercar Championship Series, the PlaceMakers V8 International at Pukekohe outside of Auckland.

Ingall's set a time of 0:55.7928, with the top 15 cars separated by less than one second.

It was a welcomed start to the weekend for Ingall, after struggling in practice and qualifying at the opening round in Adelaide as well as the non-championship event at the Australian Grand Prix support event.

Today's two-hour practice session also featured two fresh sets of tyres from Dunlop. Previously teams had to practice on 'used' race tyres. This initiative will only occur again at Bahrain later in the year.

"Practice doesn't set the grid, but it does give you the opportunity to flex your muscles ahead of the weekend," said Ingall.

"We had big issues with the car in Adelaide and Melbourne. We went back home to Queensland and got our heads down. Last week we had a very productive test session and we backed that up today.

"Today's performance was a great reward for all that hard by the team. It was a much happier atmosphere at the end of that session.

"It's a positive step forward, although we still feel there's some more to come. You can't ever be satisfied in this game.

"The main thing is to turn that performance into a top qualifying result. I'm sure we'll have a very strong race package from that point.

"The idea of using the new tyres was excellent. It meant that we could get a feel for the car straight away and not have to adjust to old tyres, before adjusting the car again for fresh tyres. These tyres now go back into our testing bank, so it's been a big bonus all around."

Clipsal 500 winner Jamie Whincup (Team Betta Electrical) was third quickest behind Rick Kelly.

"Extremely competitive throughout the session and we were able to step it up at the end," said Whincup.

"We had a straight forward plan of what we wanted from the car and it all fell into line when we needed to punch out a competitive time.

"Today was important to make sure we had a strong race package as well as a quick car for qualifying. I'm very comfortable on both accounts.

"I thought the two-hour session was excellent. Plenty of time to get things working and the bonus of the new tyres made it even better.

"I'm looking forward to the weekend and trying to score another top result."

Tomorrow includes qualifying, top-10 shootout and the opening race of the weekend. Sunday features two more races, including the reverse grid format in race #2.

PlaceMarkers V8 International – practice times.

1. Russell Ingall Caltex Racing Ford Falcon 0:55.7928

2. Rick Kelly Toll HSV Holden Commodore +0.0957

3. Jamie Whincup Team Betta Electrical Ford Falcon +0.1423

4. Todd Kelly Holden Racing Team Holden Commodore +0.1455

5. Jason Bright CAT FPR Ford Falcon +0.2103

6. Mark Skaife Holden Racing Team Holden Commodore +0.2642

7. Craig Lowndes Team Betta Electrical Ford Falcon +0.2795

8. Greg Murphy Super Cheap Auto Racing Holden Commodore +0.2830

9. Jason Richards Tasman Motorsport Holden Commodore +0.2933

10. Steven Richards Jack Daniel's Racing Holden Commodore +0.30.58

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:18 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

f**k, this whincup can drive, won adelaide, and hes 3rd here. consistantly quick, this guy will take out a championship some time or other if he keeps this up. well done whincup

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

GO SON!!! thats what I wanna hear! hope jamie Whincup goes good.

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

c'mon ingall. you the man

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

I just don't want Murphy to win. I'm sick of his comments and him!

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
I just don't want Murphy to win. I'm sick of his comments and him!
yeah Mutton chops needs 2 get whooped

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]